Modern Gnosticism

Discussion in 'Alternative' started by lunamoth, Jul 24, 2006.

1. moseslmpg

moseslmpg Member

Alright, thanks. I haven't read the Pistis Sophia yet, but I understand now.

2. Manichaean Seek

Manichaean Seek Manichaean Probationer

Hello.

I am new Gnostic, and I live in the Uk and I have been trying to see if there a gnostic Church in the Uk.

It is great to see another new gnostic. I wish you the best.

Andre

3. Dream

Dream New Member

This thread has some free ranging discussion covering some classic forum topics, such as alchemy.

4. Jarrett

Jarrett New Member

hey here is some gnosis for ya, that crash at Roswell decades ago, it was a deep space satellite that returned to earth at its programmed time. It was a probe sent out deep into space by a lost civilization of beings that inhabited the Earth. Yeh that is right people we are not even close to the most advanced beings to live here. Shoot we probably aint the most advanced being here right now. With science proving the possibility of just how much can be achieved with research, it kinda takes away some of the supposed mystery of god or the gods. Time travel, scalar tech, life extension genetics, teleportaion, and hey even the 11th dimension (akashik records). If God the Fathers ways are mysterious then i would venture to say thath there must be ways beyond our scientists understanding. I mean if people who dont believe in god or gods can believe in all possibilities in physics in our physical world, the Father must be far beyond this physical universe and the understanding of its ways. I think we may be on the verge of pulling back the curtain and seeing the wizard who lives in ignorance of the Father.

5. Joe know

Joe know New Member

I consider myself a Christian Gnostic, BUT with a slightly modern enlightened view.
    I will let you be the judge.
    I will start from the beginning.

Genesis 1 (the most high) Elohim made "Has'samayim" (the Heavens) and "Ha'ares" (the Earth) with everything in it, in a 7 "Yom", 13.8 billion period of time (not days).
    Including both males and females.
    1)the point being that both male and female are represented as being Elohim's true image.

Genesis 2, Yahweh comes on the scene copy creating "Eres" (land) and "Wesamayim" (sky) in a place called the Garden of Eden.
    Yahweh then makes Adam from dirt and fools the (most high) Elohim to breathe life into it.
    Yahweh doesn't possess an eternal spirit and is therefore unable to make Adam move from of the ground and make him fully alive.
    (The most high) Elohim spirit takes pity on Adam and touches him from within, making Adam a living soul.
    2)the point is that Adam although a clever copy of surrounding homosapiens is now also with (a) a soul and (b) that soul made alive by (the most high) Elohim.
    3) Yahweh is only able to replicate a male form offspring because he isn't the true god.
    4)Adams offspring mixes and mingles with the local communities in the surrounding area's, resulting in the mixed homosapien and Adamic race of the fertile crescent.

These are my basic foundation believes about how we as humans have come to be on this earth and the rest of my Gnostic believes are build on it.

Joe

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017