The Mystery of Alexander The Great

Re: Zul Qarnain - Alexander The Great or Cyrus the Great.

I think it appropriate for the benefit of the members , that I provide hereuder the account of title Zul Qarnain from Quran.It is an interesting historical account:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 18:84-100 Al-Kahf
[18:84] And they ask thee concerning Dhu'l Qarnain. Say, 'I will recite to you something of his account.'
[18:85] We established him in the earth and gave him the means to achieve everything.
[18:86] The he followed a certain way.
[18:87] Until when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting as if in a pool of murky water, and near it he found a people. We said, 'O Dhu'l Qarnain, you may punish them, or treat them with kindness.'
[18:88] He said, 'As for him who does wrong, we shall certainly punish him; then shall he be brought back to his Lord, who will punish him with a dreadful punishment;
[18:89] 'But as for him who believes and act righteously, he will have a good reward with his Lord, and We too shall speak to him easy words of Our command.'
[18:90] Then indeed he followed another way.
[18:91] Until he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had made no shelter against it.
[18:92] Thus indeed it was. Verily, We had full knowledge of all that he had with him.
[18:93] Then he followed another way.
[18:94] Until when he reached the open place between the two mountain mountains, he found, beneath them a people who could scarcely understand a word of what he said.
[18:95] They said, 'O Dhu'l Qarnain, verily, Gog and Magog are creating disorder in the earth; shall we then pay tribute on condition that thou set up a barrier between us and them?'
[18:96] He replied, 'The power with which my Lord has endowed me about this is better than the resources of my enemies but you may help me with strength of labourers, I will set up a rampart between you and them;
[18:97] 'Bring me blocks of iron.' They did so till, when he had filled up the space between the two mountains sides, he said, 'Now blow with your bellows.' They blew till, when he had made it red as fire, he said, 'Bring me molten copper that I may pour it thereon.'
[18:98] So they (Gog and Magog) were not able to scale it, nor were they able to dig through it.
[18:99] Thereupon he said, 'This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord shall come to pass, He will break it into pieces. And the promise of my Lord is certainly true.'
[18:100] And on that day We shall leave some of them to surge against others, and the trumpet will be blown. Then shall We gather them all together.Unquote
Thanks

Back