New Liberal Christianity board

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
In light of recent discussions, it's come across that not only is the Walled Garden approach generally welcomed, it unfortunately tends to cater more for clear-cut definitions and denominations.

Simply put, I've had quite a few requests for a board where Liberal and Progressive Christians can exchange ideas, without having to feel intruded upon by more mainstream viewpoints.

With that in mind, I've created a new Liberal Christianity board and moved a few topics to it:
http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/liberal-christianity.html

I had considered placing it in the Abrahamic Faiths board. However, I didn't for a couple of reasons:

1. I don't like the idea of suggesting a splintered Christianity board, which could undergo further splintering (Catholic-only board, Protestant-only board, etc) - where the Walled Gardens become clear obstacles, rather than encouragement, to discussions.

2. Liberal and Progressive Christianity tends to seek to go well beyond scripture and tradition anyway (in my view), therefore would probably sit better in the general Belief & Spirituality board - which has tended in itself to be removed from discussions about Dogma, and instead catering for general and personal beliefs.

Anyway, hopefully that helps communicate why I've made the decision as I have - any questions or queries, feel free to ask.

- Brian

Back