Advice for travelling to Mexico

InquisitiveInHalifax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I haven't posted anything in a long long time! I couldn't think of a more eclectic, well-educated group of people to ask for travel advice from. I'm REALLY hoping to be able to travel to Mexico in February with my husband. While we'll enjoy relaxing some of the time we'd really like to experience the culture and history as well, I'm especially interested in the Mayan ruins (mostly thanks to the discussions here). Anyone have any advice for which region is best to go to, which sites/places to visit, what to avoid, anything at all? I'd really appreciate it.

Thank-you:),
-R

Hi, InquisitiveInHalifax--

We have never spoken, although I have read some of your posts before.

Are you flying or driving? Renting a car? That would make a difference in where you might visit.

I am guessing that you will be visiting the Yucatan, right? Have you heard of Villahermosa? The LaVenta and Tabasco Museums are there, I think, and there are lots of Olmec carvings and other archaeological collections that date to the Mayans and Toltecs. (Some of this information may be outdated, so be sure and check first.)

If you are driving down through Texas, let me know--I can be of much more help in that respect! And I know a little about the border towns.

Anyway, I just thought this was a good opportunity to say, "Nice to meet you." :) And I hope you have a great trip!

InPeace,
InLove

In Love

Thank-you for your reply. Nice to meet you as well.

I am from Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia) so I'd definitely be flying down there. I will make sure to check out Villahermosa, sounds very interesting.

Thanks again,
-R

Back