The First and the Last

9Harmony

goin' with the flow...
Reaction score
Interesting...wouldn't you say?
wink.gif

"They are all the manifestation of the "Beginning" and the "End," the "First" and the "Last," the "Seen" and "Hidden" -- all of which pertain to Him Who is the innermost Spirit of Spirits and eternal Essence of Essences." (Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 179)

"22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." (King James Bible, Revelation)

"He is the first and the last; and the outer and the inner; and He all things doth know!" (The Qur'an (E.H. Palmer tr), Sura 57 - Iron)

"Who hath wrought and done it? He that called the generations from the beginning. I, the LORD, who am the first, and with the last am the same." (Nev'im (Prophets), Yeshayahu (Isaiah))

"8. I recognize Thee, O Mazda, in my thought, that Thou the First art (also) the Last -- that Thou art Father of Vohu Manah; -- when I apprehend Thee with mine eye, that Thou art the true Creator of Right, and art the Lord to judge the actions of life." (The Zend-Avesta, Avesta - Yasna)

"1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (King James Bible, Revelation)

"Lord of the Universe, glory to thee! Thou art the Self of All, thou art the maker of All, the enjoyer of All; thou art all life, and the lord of all pleasure and joy. Glory to thee, the tranquil, the deeply hidden, the incomprehensible, the immeasurable, without beginning and without end.'" (Upanishads vol. 2, Maitrayana-Brahmaya-Upanishad)

"He (the sun) is without end or beginning, unmeasured, unlimited, not to be moved by another, self-dependent, without sign, without form, of endless power, the creator, the maker of light." (Upanishads vol. 2, Maitrayana-Brahmaya-Upanishad)

"25. But it is to Allah that the End and the Beginning (of all things) belong." (The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 53)

"The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end. Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same." (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section 1 - Jup)

"In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, is God, the most beautiful Guru, the Sustainer of the World." (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section 8 - Raag Aasaa)

"In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, He is all-pervading everywhere; He is in each and every heart." (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section 11 - Raag Bihaagra)

"Tao is without beginning, without end." (Tao, Chuangtse (Lin Yutang tr))

"The pillar of God is being erected and hath become manifest by His providence and command. The time of former things is past and a new time has become manifest, and all things are made new by the desire of God. But only a new eye can perceive and a new mind can comprehend this station. The Beginning and the End bore allusion to one blessed Word and that hath come and it become manifest. That Word is the soul of the Divine Books and Epistles, which hath forever been and will be forevermore. That Word is the key to the most great divine Treasury and the supreme hidden Mystery, which hath ever been concealed behind the veil of preservation. That Word is the same Alpha and Omega prophesied of by John. Verily He is the First and the Last, the Manifest and the Hidden!" (Compilations, Baha'i Scriptures, p. 117)

i think so.
082502yes_prv.gif

Back