what kind of jobs do christians have?

S

shadowman

what do they devote their lives to?

i may be come a christian in name only (one the truly bleives that christ died for them, but also beleives that its too late for them and that they personally aree going to hell)

i still want to give my life to christ even if he does not want me. what should i study in college in order to turn as many people to christ as possible

i dont want anyone in ell. my parents are definitely gonna be there. no way are they turning, maybe if i turn they wll turn.

shadowman said:

i may be come a christian in name only (one the truly bleives that christ died for them, but also beleives that its too late for them and that they personally aree going to hell)

i still want to give my life to christ even if he does not want me. what should i study in college in order to turn as many people to christ as possible

i dont want anyone in ell. my parents are definitely gonna be there. no way are they turning, maybe if i turn they wll turn.

God wants everyone.

God's Glory. We aim to be fully satified in God whereby He may be fully Glorified in Him.

God makes people born again (Christians). Do you love Jesus? Do you recornize your need for Him? Do you count Him precious? Those are some good indicators that God is for you.

Thats the attitude you should have...serve God anyway! Why? Because He is God and He deserves it. About what you should do. Do whatever good thing you have a passion for and aim to be successful at it. Aim to do it to God's glory whereby He gets the Glory and you the joy - best of both worlds.

Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

shadowman said:
-

what should i study in college in order to turn as many people to christ as possible

--quote] you dont need to go to college, to do the work of the Lord.

Just read your bible :) And pray for your parents God can work miracles.. BTW the biggest thing that affects people becoming Christians is seing the work Christ has done in believers lives.

Hi shadowman--

Sometimes what Christians have to do in life, or face on the job or with family, is not always like we wish it to be. Here is what we can do, though:

(Prober recently posted this on another thread, but it just seems like a good passage to post here, as well.)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8, KJV)

God has provided for us to have strength and receive mercy. That includes you and your parents. Whatever you cannot complete, God can--and He desires to do so.

InPeace,
InLove

shadowman said:

What makes you sure Christ doesn't want you? The Bible says that God longs for all to be redeemed. What makes you any different?

im worried i did the unpardonable sin by denying what i knew was right (christianity) and worse off, praying to satan, and getting an answer.

shadowman said:
im worried i did the unpardonable sin by denying what i knew was right (christianity) and worse off, praying to satan, and getting an answer.

Greetings Shawdowman,

It is your own belief in the lie that you have committed an unpardonable sin that holds you in bondage.

The only unpardonable sin is unforgiveness. If you can forgive all others then you are forgiven. If one cannot forgive others then by that unforgiveness one has pronounced judgement or condemned oneself until one forgives. So in essence there is no sin that cannot be pardoned but it awaits ones own willingness to forgive others.

Love in Christ,
JM

JosephM said:
Greetings Shawdowman,

It is your own belief in the lie that you have committed an unpardonable sin that holds you in bondage.

The only unpardonable sin is unforgiveness. If you can forgive all others then you are forgiven. If one cannot forgive others then by that unforgiveness one has pronounced judgement or condemned oneself until one forgives. So in essence there is no sin that cannot be pardoned but it awaits ones own willingness to forgive others.

Love in Christ,
JM

JM, I have never heard it put quite that way before. Thank you. If the Holy Spirit is not one of forgiveness, then I don't know what is. Very nice.

Shadowman--I would add that by forgiving others, anyone may be forgiven, including you. You only need to recognize that you may be forgiven. If you can accept this thought, then you can be glad. :)

InPeace,
InLove

shadowman said:
if you look at scripture you will see that those possessed by demons, christ was able to help, and after the demons left them, they went on to worship god.

the unpardonable you are referring not just the act of denying, but condemning and despising that what you know to be true, and then dying with that in your heart. for at that point of death there is a great division where no one can help you as it is seen in scripture with lazarus and the rich man in hell.

unforgiveness in general is the means and reasons by which one might be judged, but the ultimate outcome of that judgement is known only to god, as it is one component of ones life that is not right with god, but we dont know the rest. but the wicked who condemn and hate the word of god and his people and are fully consumed by it and unrepenting and evil, that outcome we are made known and that is hell.

christians have all kinds of jobs.. we have to live in the world, but not be a part of it. anything that is evil we should not want to keep it in front of us everyday, as it goes against the nature of living right with god.

To define what christians do?

You need to define what a christian is......

There are many that claim to be christian but they are worlds apart. They cannot even agree on who their god is.....

"What kind of jobs do ants do?"
Which ants? Worker ants? Soldier ants? Queen ants? Fire ants? Harvester ants? Pharaoh ants? Myrmica ants? Lasius niger ants? wood ants? Army ants? Weaver ants?.... and so on.

Anyway, you will find that responses will vary from:

Get enough education to get by and become a person that goes out to the people....

TO

Get as much education as you can and become a teacher of RE.

*shrugs*

Christians should be coming to you for wisdom, Shadowman. You are prepared to give everything for the sake of others and you ask for nothing in return. If you are so full of love, that love will show you the way. I hope you enjoy the journey.
-VC

Back