United Nations Day ... October 24th

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
October 24th, 1945: United Nations established
The charter for the United Nations—the world's premier international organization, established at the end of World War II to maintain world peace and friendly relations among nations—entered into force this day in 1945.

I thought it would be good for people to post what this day means to them and perhaps how they think the UNited Nations could be improved..perhaps how they see it in terms of their religious views.

For Baha'is we have involved as a non-governmental organization consultating with the UN for some time.

- Art

Hi Art--

I wish I understood more about the UN. I hear great things, and I hear suspicious whisperings. When I get a chance, I am going to research the subject a little deeper. It is my hope that this is an organization that really is what it claims to be.

And it is my hope that it can be of great help to the oppressed around the world--right now, I am thinking of the Baha'i people in the mideast (as well as others, of course).

InPeace,
InLove

Hi Art :

Thanks for the valuable reminder. I can remember as a six year old watching the first session of the General Assembly which, I believe, was conveniened in San Francisco in 1948. ( I was always interested in weird stuff as a kid !) I also remember Harry Truman making a speech. Am I a geezer or what !

Let's all hope and pray that they proceed with wisdom into the future quagmires that seem to be multiplying by the day around the world in these times.

flow....;)

Back