Questions about your faith

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am doing a paper for my faith and religion class, and I was hoping to get some feedback from some of you.

How do you define God and his attributes?
Do you believe in religious experiences - have you had one please explain
Do you believe their is evil in this world? why is there evil?
What is the afterlife like? how do you get there?
Any information on your faith will be helpful

Thanks for your time

Hello everyone I am doing a paper for my faith and religion class, and I was hoping to get some feedback from some of you.
Thanks for your time

Hi
I would suggest you , please, read a book written by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad , a small book of 115 pages that answers all your above questions from Islamic Point of view:
http://www.alislam.org/books/philosophy/1q7.html
I am an Ahmadi- a peaceful fatih in Islam
Thanks

Thanks , I am actually looking for personal answers to these questions. Any help you could give would be much appreciated. thanks

Thanks , I am actually looking for personal answers to these questions. Any help you could give would be much appreciated. thanks
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

[ i will post link later Insha Allah as i'm not allowed now:mad: ]
&&&

----God is One . There is no god but God.
He is the Most Kind , Ever Merciful.

--can u describe a little more ? Muslims are encouraged to offer extra prayer called Isthekhara prayer before taking any important decision. It's to ask God to grant what is good for us / to know should we do this ? etc etc.

If u we have a good dream/good sleep , then it means yap, go ahead. Bad dreams mean no, don't do that. If can't make ur mind then offer the supplication ( not the exact words....if u r interested , then Insha Allah , i will let u know in details ) that God , u have power over all things.

If this is good for my this life & eternal life , then grant & make it easy for me & make me satisfied etc.

Yes, i've experiences of having bad dreams after offering this prayer. So, i did n't do what i wanted to do.

Do you believe their is evil in this world?

--yap

why is there evil?

---Satan/devil disobeyed God . When he got his punishment , he decided to make us ( human being ) disbelievers , too. God grant him some power . It's a kind of test ......who follows God & who follows Satan.

-----Believers will go to heaven :p, disbelievers will get roasted with devil in hell fire.:eek:
God will judge us & decide who to get eternal blessings & who to be roasted again & again . With the mercy & blessings of God, believers will enter paradise .....opposite will be done to disbelievers who refused to accept the sings of God & disobeyed Him.

---God is Only One....there is none worthy of worship but Allah ( God ) & Muhammed (p) is the Last Prophet (p).

Thanks for your time
most welcome.....ask more if u want :)

related info:

Art Thou That Prophet?

The Jews sent priests and Levites to John the Baptist to ask who he really was. John 1:20-21: "And he [John the Baptist] confessed and denied not; but confessed, 'I am not the Christ.'

And they asked him: 'What then? Art thou Elias? 'And he saith: 'I am not.' '

Art thou that prophet?' And he answered: 'No."'
The crucial question here is: Art thou that prophet?

Who was the long awaited prophet who was to come after the advent of Jesus and John the Baptist?

[ Insha Allah, link to be posted later]

Last edited by a moderator:
salaam/peace to all;

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

[ i will post link later Insha Allah as i'm not allowed now:mad: ]
&&&

uhhh. typo error...i wrote sings of God , it should be ''who refused to accept the signs of God & disobeyed Him.

Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day,

and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the water that Allah sends down from the cloud,

then gives life with it to the earth after its death and spreads in it all (kinds of) animals,

and the changing of the winds and the clouds made subservient between the heaven and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand.

chapter 2, verse 164

Thanks for your time
Salaam to all

We cannot define God because our senses and brain power is limited. It is difficult for the finite to define the infinite. However Allah is mentioned by 99 names in the Quran. These names such as merciful and majestic are mentioned to show human beings how Allah is. Yet the status of Allah is beyond these names.

I cannot comment on religious experiences as I have never had one.

Evil in this world is created by man to afflict pain on man. Since life is a test for human beings evil is just an obstacle that we must overcome to complete the test. There is evil as Allah has created human beings with a free will. Some humans choose to use this free will to stop other humans from progessing.

The afterlife is basically heaven or hell. Those whose good deeds are greater in number than their bad deeds go to heaven and vice versa.

Back