What's your favorite book in the Bible?

Cage

Spirit Guided
Reaction score
What's your favorite book in the Bible, and why? If you're able, narrow it down to a single chapter. What Book and chapter speaks to you the most?

It's hard for me to decide, but John chapter 15 is certainly one of them...I think it's one of the most beautiful chapters in the Bible. (Can't beat psalms in beauty, though)

John 15 speaks to the heart and shows the great Love Jesus has for us, and tells us our place in him. Very inspiring as the words come from Jesus himself, and he tells us that the Spirit is truth, our comforter, and that [it] shall testify of Jesus.

Ephesians is a great book, too. I've been reading some of it today, but I'm not done, so I'll get back with my favorite chapter in the morning, lol!

Sometimes it's good to refresh...

Love,

i like Daniel because it speaks about the Heavenly kingdom goverment that will bring peace to the earth .
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44 Jesus is now a reigning king of this heavenly kingdom , and in these last days things are well along in relation to bible prophecy.
And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant." daniel 12;4
"I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.Daniel 7;13-14

I read Ephesians and ran into a bit trouble in chapter two, lol! The rest of the book fits my own views. I need to look at the cross, and what his blood did for us in much more depth.

mee, thank you for sharing your favorite book, and including verse. I have more reading material now. :) I agree that his kingdom will be/is being established on earth, so this particular view also fits my own.

Much thanks, and Love,

~James~

I read Ephesians and ran into a bit trouble in chapter two, lol! The rest of the book fits my own views. I need to look at the cross, and what his blood did for us in much more depth.

mee, thank you for sharing your favorite book, and including verse. I have more reading material now. :) I agree that his kingdom will be/is being established on earth, so this particular view also fits my own.

Much thanks, and Love,

~James~
yes ,the book of Daniel is a book of many prophecies and the heavenly kingdom is now well established in the heavens , Daniel 2;44and as you say eventually Gods will ,will be done on the earth also.
Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. matthew 6;10
(Daniel 4:3) How grand his signs are, and how mighty his wonders are! His kingdom is a kingdom to time indefinite, and his rulership is for generation after generation.

Assallaam Aleykum,

I have read the rules of this section and trust that this post is appropriate, if you consider that it is not please let me know as I have no desire to offend anyone here.

My favourite book from The Bible is probably Psalms.

I realise that Psalm 23 is a perenial favourite but it is a beautiful and expressive Psalm.

I would add that there are many beautiful Psalms and i particularly enjoy many of the shorter ones towards the end of the book.

Peace

Thanks Dor...I'm reading it tonight.

FaithfulServant, that didn't help me much. :D I Love you, though! At least you gave an honest answer. Which was also a great answer, only I was hoping to find what really resontates within the hearts of the members here and do some reading/studying for myself. I must admit that only a few books, and chapters within the books really strike a chord with me, so I'm just doing some light reading for now in attempt to better understand where you guys/gals are coming from.

Abubakar, I Love Psalms, and I'll refresh with 23 later...Thanks!

Love,

and of cause it has to be this verse
That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
in psalms.................. psalm 83;18 :)

Back