The Grand Prophecy of the Eclipses

inhumility

Reaction score
Hazrat Imam Baqar Muhammad bin Alira has narrated the following Hadith (saying of the Holy Prophet Muhammadsa):

"For our Mahdi (Divine Reformer) there are two signs which have never appeared before since the creation of the heavens and the earth, namely the moon will be eclipsed on the first night in Ramadan (i.e. on the first of the nights on which a lunar eclipse can occur) and the sun will be eclipsed in its middle (i.e. on the middle day of the days on which a solar eclipse can occur), and these signs have not appeared since God created the heavens and the earth."
(Dare Qutani Vol 1, page 188) or (Sunan Darqutni, kitabul eidain, chapter: salat-ul-kasoof-ul khasoof wa haitahuma)

In the literature of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, the dates of the lunar and solar eclipses have been taken as 13, 14, 15 and 27, 28, 29 respectively of the Islamic calendar.
Hence considering the dates as 13, 14 and 15 for the lunar eclipse and 27, 28 and 29 the prophecy was fulfilled in 1894, during the life of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the truthful claimant of the office of ImamMahdi. The purpose of the prophecy is to help people to recognize the PromisedDivineReformer and the prophecy has served the purpose very well.
Then Almighty God manifested this heavenly Sign in the year 1311 Hijra (1894 C.E) when the lunar and solar eclipses occurred over Qadian (The native place where Mirza Ghulam Ahmad ,PromisedMessiahImamMahdi, was born, and hence he was called Qadiani) on the specified dates of Ramadan in fulfillment of the grand prophecy of the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. The lunar eclipse occurred after sunset on the 13th of Ramadan (March 21, 1894) and the solar eclipse occurred on Friday, the 28th of Ramadan (April 6, 1894). Apart from the almanacs, there was mention of the eclipses in the Indian newspapers of the time Azad and Civil and Military Gazette.
Would you believe this sign, please ?
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam

I do not think the hadith you have shown is sahih.

How could you say that? Your arguments, please. Please elaborate.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi - a peaceful faith in Islam , working for unity of all the revealed religions with peaceful means.

And yet in course of the same month both the Moon and the Sun have undergone eclipses on the thirteenth days from the day of the first lunation. The Sun and the Moon therefore, by undergoing eclipses on unusual days, will cause a great slaughter of the creatures of the earth.

--Mahabharata, BOOK 6 (BHISHMA PARVA) , section 3

see also
Dating Mahabharata - 2 Eclipses in 13 Days by Dr. S. Balakrishna
Vedic Astronomy

So its not something that is gonna occur only once. And secondly, yes Darqutni is not a very authentic book. This particular hadith comes without asnad. For Shias, this might be authentic, not for sunnis. The hadith is not only inauthentic, but also factually inaccurate.

darqutni is not a very authentic book.

Darqutni is a Sunni book, it is not a Shia book. What is to be seen is if the Hadith is from Khtamun Nabiyyeen SAW or not? The book name does not add to the authenticity of a Hadith, it is Allah or our Prophet Muhammad Khtamun Nabiyyeen SAW who give authenticty to others, not a vice versa. If the Hadith is not from our Prophet Muhammad Khtamun Nabiyyeen SAW; why should Allah fullfill it? Allah himself has given authenticity to it. Do you think Allah would fullfill an untrue thing. The question is therefore not if a Hadith is from the Shia sources or from the Sunni sources; it is not relevant.

i am new here this will be the first thing i am posting here i just read these quotes and felt like i have some thing in favours of Farhan. i beleive that this hadith is authentic becaus the same topic is in Quran too.
The authenticity of the Hadith is supported by the following facts:

(a) The root of the prophecy lies in the Holy Quran since the eclipses of the moon and the sun are mentioned as important signs of the approach of Resurrection in the Holy Quran and the time of the advent of the Promised Spiritual Reformer is also the Latter Age. The Holy Quran says:
He asks: When will be the day of Resurrection? When the eye is dazzled, And the moon is eclipsed, And the sun and the moon are brought together, On that day man will say, whither to escape? (Ch. 75: vs.7-11)
When the solar eclipse occurs, the sun and the moon are in conjunction, i.e. they are in the same direction as viewed from the earth. Hence the words and the sun and the moon are brought together signify solar eclipse. The Hadith of Dare Qutani supports this interpretation and gives valuable details about the prophesied eclipses

i am new here this will be the first thing i am posting here i just read these quotes and felt like i have some thing in favours of Farhan. i beleive that this hadith is authentic becaus the same topic is in Quran too.
The authenticity of the Hadith is supported by the following facts:

(a) The root of the prophecy lies in the Holy Quran since the eclipses of the moon and the sun are mentioned as important signs of the approach of Resurrection in the Holy Quran and the time of the advent of the Promised Spiritual Reformer is also the Latter Age. The Holy Quran says:
He asks: When will be the day of Resurrection? When the eye is dazzled, And the moon is eclipsed, And the sun and the moon are brought together, On that day man will say, whither to escape? (Ch. 75: vs.7-11)
When the solar eclipse occurs, the sun and the moon are in conjunction, i.e. they are in the same direction as viewed from the earth. Hence the words and the sun and the moon are brought together signify solar eclipse. The Hadith of Dare Qutani supports this interpretation and gives valuable details about the prophesied eclipses

Hi
I agree with you. The Hadith has it roots in Quran and Bible also, and signifies the time of advent of the DivineReformer or PromisedMessiahImamMahdi 1835-1908 in the Latter Days.
Thanks

I am an Ahmadi - a peaceful faith in Islam

Back