Snow

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
It snowed here just a moment ago - I'd inserted some javascript into the forum template.

But, it interfered with the reply box - I found I couldn;t reply to messages.

So, alas, the snow has now gone. :(

I said:
It snowed here just a moment ago - I'd inserted some javascript into the forum template.

But, it interfered with the reply box - I found I couldn;t reply to messages.

So, alas, the snow has now gone. :(

Well, seems the script was working fine - it was just that the chronicles-network crashed!

Script implemented again. Tell me what you think. :)

Btw - funny - I didn't realise it at the time, but when I did put the script in, it began to unexpectedly snow here. I didn't even realise at the time. It's was quite thick as well. Heh - synchronicity. :)

I like the snow, very fitting indeed. Do you know of a cool site that has lots of downloadable javascript such as this, or did you code it yourself? A few little novelties such as that might help with my coursework ;)

Yes, I notice the snow.

I was wondering what snow you guys are talking about. Now I notice it on my screen, eight podia studded circular polygons of .65" diameter, drifting downward from the top edge of the screen.

Thanks for the decor.

Susma Rio Sep

Bigmacscanlan said:
I like the snow, very fitting indeed. Do you know of a cool site that has lots of downloadable javascript such as this, or did you code it yourself? A few little novelties such as that might help with my coursework ;)

Lordy, no - I can't script. :)

I saw someone I know using it on their site, so I just copied the code from here. :)

I did also have it on the chronicles-network, but things became unstable there, and what's currently up is only temporary.

Btw - for scripts have a look here: www.hotscripts.com

Don't know Javascript from Java coffee...

I don't know Javascript from Java coffee.

I really don't know what you are talking about, copying the code from someone's? for free?

Or, did you have to pay some money to Hostscripts.com for the snow. You bought it from Hotscripts? I looked it up, it seems to be selling things, like website snow?

Thanks a lot just the same for doing this website and forum on your own cost. and without any advertisements.

The snow is fun to watch.

Thanks.

Susma Rio Sep

I said:
Lordy, no - I can't script. :)

I saw someone I know using it on their site, so I just copied the code from here. :)

I did also have it on the chronicles-network, but things became unstable there, and what's currently up is only temporary.

Btw - for scripts have a look here: www.hotscripts.com

Square boxes for snow

Something happned just now. The snow flakes appeared as square boxes indicating some graphic inside. I was worried. What now?

I am using IE-5.

Instinctively I right-clicked on one square and read the menu there: 'open picture'. I left-clicked that instruction, and the snow flake polygons returned.

Good!

Susma Rio Sep

Circumcision motif?

I said:
I had the snow up just for Christmas. :)

Just for humor, and Jesus should not mind about that.

When I was very young on one Feast of the Circumcision Mass, the priest started his sermon, thus:

Today's Gospel reading for the Circumcision is appropriately short...

That was one naughty priest, and not circumcised either himself.

Susma Rio Sep

Back