Missing Okie

InLove

at peace
Reaction score
I hope I am forgiven for leaving a thread on your lawn, Bobby. But some of us are wondering how--and where--you are. Just stopped in to say that you are missed here, and hope things are okay with you and yours. I need to catch up on some newsletters...maybe I have missed some news somewhere along the way.

InPeace,
InLove

I know what you mean InLove...I was tempted to leave something on the lawn too...so they call it thread nowadays?... :D ...I'm missin' Okie too, and wonderin' how he and his are doing these days.

Here's to your safe and speedy return, Okie! Cheers!

Hi guys,

It's nice to be missed. Back in July, I took on some new responsibilities as the Assistant Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at my University. I love the new job, but there has been a learning curve associated with it and the hours are longer. At the end of the day, I am often tired. It is getting better, but it's affected the quantity of my output. In contrast with this, it seems the quality of my writing is holding steady as I've been selling more. I've sold a few pieces to Plain Truth and this month I have a piece coming out in Touchstone. The downside of selling pieces is that it's make me more reluctant to post them online. Plain Truth pays 25 cents a word which is a disincentive to posting (and to brevity ;) ).

In any case, this thread is an incentive to get back on the board. Thanks!

Hi Bobby!

And here I thought you might be taking a peaceful sabbatical. :)

I have never understood the concept of "the learning curve." I just can't get it through my head. I know there's something to it. I just don't quite understand what it is.

Anyway, I am so happy to hear something from you, so that I know you are okay. You know, flowperson asked about you the other day. I am sure if he sees this thread, he will post. Earl, as you know, lives near you. He got pretty quiet lately, so I wondered about all you guys up around Kansas way. I know about the weather there. ;) :) (Hi earl.)

InPeace,
InLove

Hi guys,

It's nice to be missed. Back in July, I took on some new responsibilities as the Assistant Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at my University. I love the new job, but there has been a learning curve associated with it and the hours are longer. At the end of the day, I am often tired. It is getting better, but it's affected the quantity of my output. In contrast with this, it seems the quality of my writing is holding steady as I've been selling more. I've sold a few pieces to Plain Truth and this month I have a piece coming out in Touchstone. The downside of selling pieces is that it's make me more reluctant to post them online. Plain Truth pays 25 cents a word which is a disincentive to posting (and to brevity ;) ).

In any case, this thread is an incentive to get back on the board. Thanks!

Congratulations on your many achievements! Wonderful!

luna

Back