Why not?

Seeker_of_truth

Reaction score
Why not just tell people that Jesus is back? At school or at work or preaching, why can't we just tell people that He is come. Why wait until they are interested to tell them?

Just a question, thanks.

Would they be aware of the return of Christ prophecy? Do all Baha'is come from a Christian back ground.

I'm sorry i was not more specific. To Christians wait for Jesus, Muslims wait for the Qa'im or Mahdi, Zoroastrians the World Renovator, for Buddhist Buddha, for Hindus the Kalki Avatar.

let me rephrase it. Why can't we preach that the Promised one of all religions is come?

Why not indeed...

Given the right circumstances and the person you are conversing with, indeed why not tell them the Prominsed One has returned... The Bab announced this at His trial in Tabriz:

In the official residence, and in the presence, of the governor of Ádhirbayján, Násiri'd-Dín Mírzá, the heir to the throne; under the presidency of Hájí Mullá Mahmúd, the Nizámu'l-`Ulamá, the Prince's tutor; before the assembled ecclesiastical dignitaries of Tabríz, the leaders of the Shaykhí community, the Shaykhu'l-Islám, and the Imám-Jum'ih, the Báb, having seated Himself in the chief place which had been reserved for the Valí-`Ahd (the heir to the throne), gave, in ringing tones, His celebrated answer to the question put to Him by the President of that assembly. "I am," He exclaimed, "I am, I am the Promised One! I am the One Whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at Whose mention you have risen, Whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of Whose Revelation you have prayed God to hasten. Verily, I say, it is incumbent upon the peoples of both the East and the West to obey My word, and to pledge allegiance to My person."

From Shoghi Effendi's "God Passes By" - p. 21

And from Baha'u'llah:

Beware lest thou barter away this sublime station... Beware lest thy sovereignty withhold thee from Him Who is the Supreme Sovereign. He, verily, is come with His Kingdom, and all the atoms cry aloud: `Lo! The Lord is come in His great majesty!' He Who is the Father is come, and the Son (Jesus), in the holy vale, crieth out: `Here am I, here am I, O Lord, My God!' whilst Sinai circleth round the House, and the Burning Bush calleth aloud: `The All-Bounteous is come mounted upon the clouds! Blessed is he that draweth nigh unto Him, and woe betide them that are far away.'

From the Tablet to ALexander II

I'm sorry i was not more specific. To Christians wait for Jesus, Muslims wait for the Qa'im or Mahdi, Zoroastrians the World Renovator, for Buddhist Buddha, for Hindus the Kalki Avatar.

let me rephrase it. Why can't we preach that the Promised one of all religions is come?

When somebody asks me what is Baha'i, who is Baha'u'llah, what is the 9-pointed star I am wearing, etc., I get to Baha'u'llah as quickly as I can. For instance, the answer to the first question, What is Baha'i, I tell them that Baha'is have accepted Baha'u'llah as the most recent Manifestation of God and that He told us "I am the Promised One of all religions and if their is a religion that is forgotten by man and they had a Promised One, I am Him also. I am the Comforter, the Unifier."

So I guess what I am saying to you is you can. Why not. We are not allowed to proselytize, meaning, for instance, to stand on a street corner and offer tracts, but when asked, we should mention Baha'u'llah and His station as quickly as possible.

I remember a Feast letter, written by Robert Henderson of the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States, from the early 90's. Sadly, I have lost the copy of it and have not been able to find one even on the inter-net. But he wrote in the body of the letter this statement, which I have never forgotten, "The only answer to the ills of the world are for the people to turn to Baha'u'llah and abide by His laws. However, the only way they can find out about Him is if we tell them."

We surely shouldn't be shy about letting the rest of the world know about this great event. There are so many ways for you to let people know that you are a Baha'i and what it means to you. Refuse to gossip or listen to it and explain why. When somebody comes to you with problems or are looking for advice (a role many Baha'is have to live with because they simply seem to be so steady and reassuring to the rest of the world), share the Remover of Difficulty prayer with them. I usually say something like this, "I really don't have any advice for you. What do I know? But I do have a gift. A gift that was given to the world by The Bab. I would like to share it with you and then I recite it. I explain that the prayer won't get them more money or a new car, but will help them clean out those channels between their soul and their mind, so that they can begin again to use the rational thought and logical process God gave them so that they could begin to overcome whatever was bothering them."

If you don't think that is powerful, try it. By the way, it is a great teaching tool, but it is also a way of delivering the Gift from The Bab to somebody that needs it.

When people ask my thoughts about something, I try to quote Baha'u'llah. Many times I will be asked who is Baha'u'llah and then, of course, I can tell them. I try to mention Baha'u'llah at least once a day to somebody I don't know. Personally, I think Baha'is have to simply become more visible. The opportunities to declare the story of Baha'u'llah will offer themselves naturally in the course of the day.

So, proclaim at the top of your voice. The world is looking for this message and many are curious about its Source.

warmly,

Mick

Would they be aware of the return of Christ prophecy? Do all Baha'is come from a Christian back ground.

Most of Americans are either Christian or have been influenced by the Christian religion. I would have to say that out of the next 1000 people I mention Baha'u'llah to in America, they will all probably be of a Christian "background". Are most of these practicing Christians? No, I wouldn't think so. Most of the people I know, don't attend a church, but they would still claim to be a Christian. Sometimes when we Americans message on an International forum such as this one, we forget the diversity of the audience.

But to answer you more fully, most Baha'is would not come from a Christian background.

Mick

Back