Well, that's one PC way top put it. :D

Happy New (Georgian!) Year, all!

Peace and blessings. :)

Help my ignorance!

I said:
Well, that's one PC way top put it. :D

Happy New (Georgian!) Year, all!

Peace and blessings. :)

Brother Brian, I hope you can bear with my ignorance; and I am exposing myself to confusing embarrassment, but

1. What is the PC way?

2. What is a Happy New Gregorian Year?

I can understand Peace and blessings. I wish also everyone here Peace and blessings, the Christian way, and Happy New Year the Gregorian Calendar way.

Information will be highly appreciated.

Susma Rio Sep

The PC way is (if I'm reading the context correctly) the "Politically Correct" way.

btw, belated Happy secular New Year to you, too.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

PC not personal computer

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
The PC way is (if I'm reading the context correctly) the "Politically Correct" way.

btw, belated Happy secular New Year to you, too.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thanks Phyl. And I was suspecting that PC might refer to all us guys who use the personal computer. See what an ignoramus and not au courant guy you have here.

Now, some good people here, starting with Brian, what is a Georgian New Year?

Susma Rio Sep

The calendar that we use here in the West, designating this as 2004, is known as the "Gregorian Calendar".

To cut an extremely long but interesting story short - the measurement of time since ancient times has always been a troubled science.

In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII implemented a reform of the calendar that replaced the "Julian" calendar - in use since Roman times.

And although Western "Christianised" nations still use this calander, others are still commonly used elsewhere around the world. These include the Islamic and Chinese calendars, which so far as I know, have us in entirely different years.

Back