Hiya!

CSharp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've participated in two other forums (long-term) both of which were eventually overrun by people who had no interest in dialogue and who didn't seem to care that they weren't welcome. Hopefully, it wasn't because I attract such people. :eek:

Zdrastvuitsye, hola, shalom, salaam, Dia dhuit, namastar ji, hej, konbanwa, squeak, meow, :wave:, CSharp.

btw, are you a singer or a musician? Just curious and curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back to life. :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thanks for the "howdy", Phyllis! Unfortunately, I couldn't carry a tune if you stapled it to my forehead and carted me around in a wheelbarrow.

Have you ever noticed, though, how some folks kind of become their names? Though I suppose with women it would be their maiden name. Sharp is one of my ex names. :)

Originally posted by CSharp
Thanks for the "howdy", Phyllis! Unfortunately, I couldn't carry a tune if you stapled it to my forehead and carted me around in a wheelbarrow.

You too, huh? I couldn't carry a tune if it were to guarantee world peace (or whirrled peas. :p ) :cool:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hospitality is to be desired.

CSharp said:
Hello,

I've participated in two other forums (long-term) both of which were eventually overrun by people who had no interest in dialogue and who didn't seem to care that they weren't welcome. Hopefully, it wasn't because I attract such people. :eek:

A forum such as the present one is not exclusivistic in terms of the qualifications of participants. You notice that everyone is accepted who agrees to conform to basic rules of courtesy and free speech.

If you develop the habit of hospitality then you would not feel your welcome mat is being abused by others who enter your thread or a dialogue with contributions verging on irrelevancies -- according to your own estimation.

When you meditate you will realize that all things are related. You just might find some useful insights from the hijack of 'unwelcomed posters'.

We all await the nuggets of wisdom and erudition from your treasury of extensive and intensive knowledge -- at least I for one.

Susma Rio Sep

PS I msut admit to my habit of contributions that directly and intimately and most learnedly connected with the main drift of the thread.

Take 2.

Susma Rio Sep said:
A forum such as the present one is not exclusivistic in terms of the qualifications of participants. You notice that everyone is accepted who agrees to conform to basic rules of courtesy and free speech.

If you develop the habit of hospitality then you would not feel your welcome mat is being abused by others who enter your thread or a dialogue with contributions verging on irrelevancies -- according to your own estimation.

When you meditate you will realize that all things are related. You just might find some useful insights from the hijack of 'unwelcomed posters'.

We all await the nuggets of wisdom and erudition from your treasury of extensive and intensive knowledge -- at least I for one.

Susma Rio Sep

PS I msut admit to my habit of contributions that directly and intimately and most learnedly connected with the main drift of the thread.

PS I must admit to my habit of contributions that are not directly and intimately and most learnedly connected with the main drift of a thread.

Susma Rio Sep

Susma Rio Sep said:

Susma Rio Sep

Wow! No pressure there! :eek:

Seriously...thank you for the welcome, Susma, but I'm afraid I am inclined to avoid knowledge, whenever possible.

I find knowledge gives reality's suckerpunches a little too much power for my taste. I hope you fine folks can tolerate someone who usually questions the validity of both sides in a debate.

CS

Susma Rio Sep said:
PS I must admit to my habit of contributions that are not directly and intimately and most learnedly connected with the main drift of a thread.

Susma Rio Sep

I SEE!! LOL! A drifter! Excellent! Some of the best posts I've ever read were posted by a fella who couldn't stay on topic if his life depended on it! I look forward to tracking down some of YOUR gems!
;)

I think we will love each other.

I think we will love each other, Csharp.

Try this experiment if you have not yet done so:

Point your index fingers toward each other horizontally, bring them into contact. Position them thus to your eye level and look into the point of contact. Now move them nearer or further until something happens.

See anything yet?

Susma Rio Sep

Susma Rio Sep said:
I think we will love each other, Csharp.

Try this experiment if you have not yet done so:

Point your index fingers toward each other horizontally, bring them into contact. Position them thus to your eye level and look into the point of contact. Now move them nearer or further until something happens.

See anything yet?

Susma Rio Sep

Either my eyes aren't what they used to be or I'm not doing it right. When I find my reading glasses, I'll try it again.
:(

An anxiety.

CSharp said:
Either my eyes aren't what they used to be or I'm not doing it right. When I find my reading glasses, I'll try it again.
:(

I had qualms of apprehension that readers here might think that I am doing some obscene gesture with my suggestion of the experiment on index fingers.

Nothing of that kind, please dear CSharp and readers here.

I taught that trick to my kids for fun.

It gives you the image of a sausage, the middle one between the extreme two halves. Try it again.

I suggested that experiment for an exchange of humor, only.

Here is another experiment, next time you are in a lecture or sitting to a sermon or anywhere where you are constrained to show attention to the guy in front talking on and on and on:

Relax, loosen your muscles, put on a respectful attentive posture, directing your face toward the speaker. Now, look at the speaker and then gradually direct your gaze towards the bridge of your nose. You will find entertainment in an otherwise boring affair. Try it and see what I mean. And have some fun during the tedious procedure.

Susma Rio Sep

Back