Mirroring Phenonmenon

Postmaster

Reaction score
Baha'is says that true science and true religion correspond. Often a scientific explanation would degrade and depreciate the religious phenomenon. Even before I came across the Baha'i faith I used to look for plausible scientific explanations for religious phenomenon without degrading or depreciating them. One thing I have been looking into a lot is a mirroring phenomenon that occurs in nature and how it relates to prophecy. At it most basic, it can be viewed when you are sitting near someone who yawns, often right about the same time or just after you yawn too. You’re probably thinking what has this got to do with prophecy? Well in a larger picture mirroring appears in many variations and timing and would like to point out that mirroring happens without a conscious effort or people try to harness it consciously. They say that history repeats or rhymes. Significant parts of history always tend to mirror a past event and I think this is how prophets, seers or people with foresight are able to predict future events, because they know that if a mirroring phenomenon exists and they have an acquired art for it they can accurately predict when and how it will occur.

If you look at the William Miller case he might have predicted the return of Christ through his knowledge of history and hints he found in the bible and predicted when the mirroring effect would take place. Also he was mirrored when at the same time (who Arthra pointed out) Iranians predicted someone significant appearing on the same date.

If you look in history you will find countless events that took place which can look to resemble events of different times.

An interesting example I have for instance, is the ancient Greeks/Romans report in ancient documents that they believed there Icons to cry which is a phenomenon experienced today in the Catholic and Orthodoxy church. I think this is a mirroring effect.

You can see this with Mithraism and Christianity similarly mirror each other. Manichaeism and the Baha'i faith mirroring?

Also what I've always found interesting is, and I'm saying this from a cultural point of view, in Cyprus it widely happens that when it comes to the time of death of an old person they die on the exact date (aniversary) there spouse died on only separated by years, I have heard countless times this has happened including my own relatives.

The worlds of God are in perfect harmony and correspondence one with another. Each world in this limitless universe is, as it were, a mirror reflecting the history and nature of all the rest. The physical universe is, likewise, in perfect correspondence with the spiritual or divine realm. The world of matter is an outer expression or facsimile of the inner kingdom of spirit. The world of minds corresponds with the world of hearts.
If we look reflectively upon the material world, we realize that all outer phenomena are dependent upon the sun. Without the sun the phenomenal world would be in a state of utter darkness and devoid of life. All earthly creation -- whether mineral, vegetable, animal or human -- is dependent upon the heat, light and splendor of the great central solar body for training and development. Were it not for the solar heat and sunlight, no minerals would have been formed, no vegetable, animal and human organisms would or could have become existent. It is clearly evident, therefore, that the sun is the source of life to all earthly and outer phenomena.
In the inner world, the world of the Kingdom, the Sun of Reality is the Trainer and Educator of minds, souls and spirits. Were it not for the effulgent rays of the Sun of Reality, they would be deprived 271 of growth and development; nay, rather, they would be nonexistent. For just as the physical sun is the trainer of all outer and phenomenal forms of being through the radiation of its light and heat, so the radiation of the light and heat of the Sun of Reality gives growth, education and evolution to minds, souls and spirits toward the station of perfection.
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 270)

Postmaster wrote:

"If you look at the William Miller case he might have predicted the return of Christ through his knowledge of history and hints he found in the bible and predicted when the mirroring effect would take place. Also he was mirrored when at the same time (who Arthra pointed out) Iranians predicted someone significant appearing on the same date."

To me this a compelling thing that the two movements Shaykism and the Millerites both focused on the same date even though they were separated by language, culture and religion. Miller had very little personal knowledge himself of Islam or Mahdi expectation and of course the Shaykis had little knowledge about the Millerites...but both had origins that went back to what we would call Messianic expectation which was also centuries older and found in Judaism and Zoroastrianism.

- Art

In fact it was the Magi, (Zoroastrian sages) who anticipated and witnessed the birth of Jesus as well. Their anticipation was based on their own astrological research. Baha`u'llah also fit into the same mo0ld and is regarded by Baha`i's as the Shah Bahram prophesied by the Magi.

Regards,
Scott

Also as Baha'is believe the Bab and Bahaullah are a mirroring phenomenon of John the Baptist and Jesus Christ.

interesting! i love this stuff, i truly think there is a whole science to it as yet undisclosed, and as universalists we seam to be especially attuned to it.
i see this mirroring as part of universal thought, you get the same thing when two people think of the same idea at the same time. sometimes i have noticed that people will want something that you were thinking of, it is as if there is a stream of thought that moves amongst us from mind to mind and we are all part of it.
i often experiment with this, i post the same thread on 8 forums and watch the answers roll in from apparently unconnected sources.you would expect to get the same stream on each forum,but you don’t. what happens is you get multi-perspectives that merge on occasion as like when we think of something at the same time as another. in one case i posted a new thread literally a few seconds before someone else done the exact same idea, they got merged, which is also interesting to observe. for me it is all formless patterns of thought which are ‘magnetised’ towards their respective epicentres i.e. minds.
thus taking this from here in the ‘now’ to prophecy in universal time, it becomes apparent that if one can read the aether streams then we can perhaps see from whence they emanate and thus the future. this is because thought begins in heaven and moves back in time to our present gaining ‘gross gradation’ as they flow. in other words it moves from the entire towards the specific, the whole to the part, which is where we come into the equation. the way i see it is that each of us connect to the streams respectively to our nature - to who we are, and more importantly to what we are thinking about at the time. so a prophet will ‘invite’ the purer [less graded] newer aether streams, this is perhaps what connects them more to divinty, the two go hand in hand. so when you get someone like jesus or moses then not only are they closer to divinity but also to the future. same goes with inventors, it is simply a case of who grabs the more perfect example of a thing as to whom ‘discoveres it’.

when it comes to the time of death of an old person they die on the exact date (aniversary) there spouse died

fascinating! there are many similar things i have noticed in historical so called ‘coincidences’, i have been trying to dig some up, but have not found any as yet - i am always to busy.

i think all this is not tied to any given religion, i am sure the greeks and druids knew as much as any other. perhaps certain individuals reach nearer 'the source' like jesus etc, but it is a very big universe out there so i wouldnt pin my bets on anyone having the keys to heaven. i would think that the inner language is universal and may be interpreted by any reader of any religion throughout time and the universe.

It's maybe through ONLY this process that the divine works. This is how maybe you can tell between that of God and that of Man. However I'm not sure if the mirroring phenomenon can be used in a negative way, if I see an example I will post it but I haven't come across any. I know its often said that evil dictators are like those of the past but I think this is a consious effort to repeat history in an unatural way that often resorts in very different consequences.

here’s an everyday occurance that makes me think of the mirroring within the universal mind...

i phoned my workmate yesterday; i switched the phone on and waited for the sim card to load, as soon as it was ready for me to make the call i went to call my mate and at that exact moment he rang me! :D

the proof is in the pudding - as they say [an english saying that means the evidence is in the reality and the event]

btw, did you ever read my threads called ‘a single thought that lasts forever’ and 'dance the eternal mood swing’ as the mirroring connects very well i feel.

here’s an everyday occurance that makes me think of the mirroring within the universal mind...

i phoned my workmate yesterday; i switched the phone on and waited for the sim card to load, as soon as it was ready for me to make the call i went to call my mate and at that exact moment he rang me! :D

the proof is in the pudding - as they say [an english saying that means the evidence is in the reality and the event]

btw, did you ever read my threads called ‘a single thought that lasts forever’ and 'dance the eternal mood swing’ as the mirroring connects very well i feel.

Actually that one's well within the bounds of simple coincidence.

How long before the event had you spoken to him, or he to you? Are you involved in any overlapping projects? Is it common in the course of the work week to talk on the phone?

Now if it were someone you had not spoken to in years, and found yourself thinking about not knowing where he might be and he called you out of the blue without some outside event occuring to prompt the contact--well, I'd be much more impressed in those circumstances.

Regards,
Scott

popeyesays, hello

i don’t talk much generally on phones, but yes there were projects to be discussed at some point over a three day period. let us not forget that it was almost to the second when he phoned.

what we must note - if i may, is that it is the fact i was thinking of phoning him and thence he decided to phone me as a result of this - or vice-versa., that counts, there were two minds in two locations connecting as if there were nothing between them [which is how i see it]!

it is easy to explain things away with terms like coincidence but this is a vague expression that simply doesn’t show what is truly occurring. this becomes especially true the more it is seen until it slaps one in the face with its truth.

Now if it were someone you had not spoken to in years, and found yourself thinking about not knowing where he might be and he called you out of the blue without some outside event occuring to prompt the contact--well, I'd be much more impressed in those circumstances.

Regards,
Scott

That one happens to me on a regular basis, quite often my dreams have played out the following day too and other stuff. Think thats why I try to understand why it happens in a sub rational view, I do that think pure coincidence can be confused with it, although does pure coinsidence exsist?

That one happens to me on a regular basis, quite often my dreams have played out the following day too and other stuff. Think thats why I try to understand why it happens in a sub rational view, I do that think pure coincidence can be confused with it, although does pure coinsidence exsist?

I remember thinking of a debate friend of mine from high school and college, we judged together, helped run tournaments together, etc., etc. even dated the same girl, though she married somebody entirely different finally.

Anyway I had not seen him for eight years, and had no idea where he was. I found myself thinking about him and he walked into the student union right in front of me. Now, I would think that wasn't coincidence. I was aware of him in some way or other at that time.

That exceeds coincidence.

Such things have happened to me before, as time passes it gets rarer. Now that it's been thirty years since that event, I think of him and still have no way of knowing where he is and he doesn't show up. Maybe I'm just not as aware of him anymore, or chance hasn't placed us close enough to have such serendipity strike again.

Thats Interesting thanks for sharing, it's surely another sense. One that stands out for me, I was at the seaside swimming with friends, the location however was my parents home town in Cyprus, in this dream the sea rose and swallowed everyone one in itand extended out taking everyone. I woke up before I drowned, the dream had horrified me. That was a day before the Asian tsunami.

Theres an interesting stroy about the Asian tsunami and thats all the animals at a Zoo survived because they all went for high ground before the waves came.

Animals Survive the Asian Tsunami Disaster

Senses helped animals survive the tsunami - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com

FOXNews.com - Tsunami Animals: A Sixth Sense? - U.S. & World

How did animals survive the tsunami? - By Christine Kenneally - Slate Magazine

Did Animals Sense Tsunami Was Coming?

postmaster
although does pure coincidence exsist
exactly, reasonably and logically we say that this term is at best vague and misdirecting, thence only for everyday use. in truth there must surely be a reason why everything meets often remotely. when you begin to think that there must be some reason behind all coincidence then we have a whole lot of explaining to do! in my opinion the universality of reality is the only conclusion to most coincidences!
popeyesays
interesting story, again the only logical conclusion lies in the universality of mind - you were thinking of him perhaps because he was about to come into your presence! subconsciously you knew his mind - so to say, thus when he drew near you began to think of him. secondly is another aspect of coincidence, that beings and things are drawn together as if by a magnetism. this i feel is perhaps simply the ‘like attracts like’ principle being played out in the real world. the timing of course is often interesting.
i expect there are many other reasons too! but there is not simply the vague meaning of the term coincidence, that would be absurd.

postmaster
interesting!
so what scientists are saying is that the animals could ‘sense’ that the wind was going to become incredible strong? so much so that elephants broke their chains and ran for freedom.
they also say that the animals took from visual clues like birds flying away from the tsunami.
i can see that senses have something to do with it, but by these alone they could only detect that the wind was getting stronger. birds would fly away from any danger irrespective of scale!

i dont buy it except in part, there seams to be more than scientist will admit.

An example animal behaviour not on the scale of the Tsunami -

My neighbour's dogs sense that she is coming home and start howling long before they see her or the key is in the door or her car is heard. Of course she is oblivious to the fact that I've had to listen to this pandemonium because they are just happy to see her.

A concept that I have been working on recently is we live in pure neutrality where pure coincidence does exist. Other wise why would evil or error exist which we see everyday? When we reach for the divine we reach for synchronicity and through this we see the elimination of the neutral environment and this process is forever continuing.

A concept that I have been working on recently is we live in pure neutrality where pure coincidence does exist. Other wise why would evil or error exist which we see everyday? When we reach for the divine we reach for synchronicity and through this we see the elimination of the neutral environment and this process is forever continuing.

Back