Communion

Thomas said:
I think this is the element that was lost when the Reformation abasndoned Tradition, they abandoned their history, and kept a Book which became devorced from the reference of the community.

The whole life of the Christian was focussed on the Eucharist, that's what set them apart from the Jews and from everyone else, that was the one Mystery of the Faith, and everything was a preparation towards that end.

By Book, I assume you mean the Bible. So scripturally, you I feel safe with the inspired Word of God. It is the anchor from which my faith is grounded.

But I think that by keeping the Book, they actually re-established history and tradition, namely that of the Jews. By that I mean the history of the Israelites. I frankly do not see why we need to set ourselves so far apart from the Jews. Rather we ought to embrace it. They are after all the root of our religion. The book is all about Israel, in both Testaments, in fact, all the way to Revelation. So in this sense, the Reformist do have a reference to community, in the long traditions before, during, and immediately after the advent of Christ. The Early church was primarily Jewish.

Back