Mani and Darius

Postmaster

Reaction score
According to this Bahaullah and Darius are related. Yet no mention of Mani.

My instinct was that all Persian royalty is related by blood, because only royal blood may challenge the thrown.

Ancestors of Baha'u'llah, the Promise One of all ages

The title of this thread is wrong it should have been Bahaullah and Darius so mods your welcome to correct it for me.

According to this Bahaullah and Darius are related. Yet no mention of Mani.

My instinct was that all Persian royalty is related by blood, because only royal blood may challenge the thrown.

Ancestors of Baha'u'llah, the Promise One of all ages

The title of this thread is wrong it should have been Bahaullah and Darius so mods your welcome to correct it for me.

Baha`u'llah traces ancestry to Yezdigerd the Third, one of the Sassanid Kings of Persia. The Sassanids fought against the Muslim expansionists and his familoy lost the throne at their defeat in the latter half of the Seventh Century.

But Baha`u'llah was not descended from the Ctesiphon Kings of Persia which included Daryoosh (Darius) and Xerxes.

Regards,
Scott

So I gather its just an other one of those legendary genealogy?

Is there a possibility that when the Sassanid took the thrown they inherited all Ctesiphon estate....? I say it's quite possible that Baha`u'llah had resource to Manichaeism material but since looking into his time spent with the Sufi I'm not really bothered anymore. Real reason I looked quite hard into this was because I needed to find antiquity with the idea of "all religions are from the same source" to fully accpet it I had to prove it's not part of any modern plot.

"Baha'u'llah was the founder of the Baha'i Faith. He was born into a family of the nobility of Iran. His family traced its ancestry back to the original Aryan tribes that settled in Iran and India. It was from these tribes that the Indian Avatars such as Rama, Krishna and the Buddha as well as the Persian prophet Zoroaster were descended. Many prodigies and wonders are recorded of all of the Avatars or Manifestations of God. This was also the case with Baha'u'llah."

- From Mujan Momen in "Hinduism and the Baha'i Faith"

Also

A treatise that Gulpaygani wrote on the genealogy of Baha'u'llah was confiscated when he was arrested in Tehran 1882 and thus lost, but years later a Baha'i wrote to `Abdu'l-Baha asking about this question and `Abdu'l-Baha referred him to Gulpaygani, who wrote a second, shorter treatise, tracing Baha'u'llah's ancestry to the last Sasanian king, Yazdigird III, a document that was of great importance in the conversion of the Zoroastrians (Rasa'il 41-47).

Source:

Encyclopedia Article: Abu'l-Fadl Gulpaygani

My belief is that this is an area of speculation, but for me Baha'u'llah was of course a Noble Whose family was respected and recognized in Nur around Mazandaran and this area had strong Zoroastrian influence over time.. That Yazdigird III had some holdouts in the area after the Muslim conquest is pretty well acknowledged, thus the possibility that the family of Baha'u'llah was descended from Yazdigird III is very likely.

Also this historic note from the wikipedia is interesting:

Climatic conditions of Mazandaran have prevented the preservation of historical monuments. Thus there are only a few sound vestiges remaining from pre-Islamic periods in the coastal plains of Mazandaran. But the province is known to have been populated from early antiquity, and Mazandaran has changed hands among various dynasties from early in its history. There are several fortresses remaining from Parthian and Sassanid times, and many older cemeteries scattered throughout the province.
In 662 CE, ten years after the death of Yazdegerd III the last Sassanian Emperor, a large Muslim army under the command of Hassan ibn Ali (Imam Hassan, the second Shi'a Imam) invaded Tabarestan (Mazandaran as it was then called) only to be severely beaten, suffering heavy losses to the forces of the Zoroastrian princes of the Dabboyid house. For the next two hundred years, Tabaristan maintained an existence independent of the Umayyad Caliphate which supplanted the Persian Empire in the early seventh century, with independent Zoroastrian houses like the Bavand and Karen fighting an effective guerilla warfare against Islam. A short-lived Alid Shiite state collapsed before the subsequent take-over by the Ziyarid princes. Mazandaran, unlike much of the rest of the Iranian Plateau maintained a Zoroastrian majority until the 12th century, thanks to its isolation and hardy population which fought against the Caliph's armies for centuries.

See

MÄ￾zandarÄ￾n Province - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even though there might not be any historical connection between Sassanid and Ctesiphon that regardless to this I think it's possible that there could be a forgotten and unproven direct ancestry. All Royalty around europe are desendents of each other, from Russia to Spain and they no it even if they look nothing like each other. If not it doesn't matter, just makes in interesting I guess.

Even though there might not be any historical connection between Sassanid and Ctesiphon that regardless to this I think it's possible that there could be a forgotten and unproven direct ancestry. All Royalty around europe are desendents of each other, from Russia to Spain and they no it even if they look nothing like each other. If not it doesn't matter, just makes in interesting I guess.[/quote/]

There could be a descent connection. I think it would be hard to find a person alive today that cannot trace his ancestry back to Abraham, if he just had the records to show it. When Alexander defeated Darius he captured a couple dozen wives and concubines of Darius. He probably had more descendants -- on both sides of the blanket -- than one can shake several sticks at.

Regards,Scott

Back