Greed versus Knowledge

danielle

Reaction score
:confused: I have been wondering for a long time now what started that competitive life within a human being.
Animal will fight & kill for territory , hunger and reproduction and they are not greedy
Us, human , have acquiered knowlegde from prehistoric time we stored it and used it for good but also bad, it seams to me that the more knowlegde we acquier the more greedy we become or
without that inner greediness we would not be where we are and probably still at the stone age I'm confuse in that point .

Not greedy except when

danielle said:
:confused: I have been wondering for a long time now what started that competitive life within a human being.
Animal will fight & kill for territory , hunger and reproduction and they are not greedy
Us, human , have acquiered knowlegde from prehistoric time we stored it and used it for good but also bad, it seams to me that the more knowlegde we acquier the more greedy we become or
without that inner greediness we would not be where we are and probably still at the stone age I'm confuse in that point .

I am not a greedy person except when opportunities for satisfying my greed present themselves; then I think I will be like all greedy persons who amass billions and billions and billions, like Bill Gates -- a very enviable personage.

So I console myself with knowledge, and I hate those guys who put in their websites 'for members only', meaning for a fee or for catering to their exclusivistic bigotry.

I envy also people with high IQ, imagining that they can understand more things than I can with my actual IQ.

But I console myself with the thought that IQ is no guarantee against gullibility. And I fancy myself to be not easily gullible.

Susma Rio Sep

Back