Our Feminine Jehovah

Bruce Michael

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

We can picture Jehovah as the Madonna cradling and protecting the Earth from the Moon sphere as it abuts our Earth. This is quite separate to Mary the Mother of Jesus of course.

I was pleased to see that Jehovah was indeed depicted as feminine by many authors, and in the Jewish tradition. Jehovah is shown in the Zohar as the third Sephiroth (moreover a feminine passive potency) Binah.

Last time I quoted from Edward R. Smith's monumental work:

"it was necessary for another ELOHA TO SACRIFICE ITS MALE ELEMENT, THUS BECOMING PREDOMINANTLY FEMALE. THAT ELOHA WAS YAHWEH, who then went to the Moon.

Yahweh by NOW BORE PRIMARILY A FEMALE CHARACTERISTIC, Moon-like. The female menstrual and human birth cycles take their characteristic from that aspect."
You can read some of Rudolf Steiner's account of Genesis here.

From W.W, Westcott:

The Kabalah, indeed, is full of Jehovah, IHVH, the Divine Four-Lettered Name, the Tetragrammaton, but it is as the Name of a group of Divine Conceptions, of Emanations from a central Spiritual Light whose presence alone is postulated; from Absolute God there is a series of Emanations extending downward to reach Jehovah, Who is the Divine One of Binah, the Supernal Mother;.....

Blavatsky:

Now "Tetragrammaton" is Father-Mother and the "Son" in one. It is Jehovah, whose name is written IHVH, ...... It is composed of two masculine letters (IV) and two feminine characters (two H, he); or the "superior" and the "inferior" H. The first is the "supernal mother" or "the female Jehovah, as Binah"; the other is the inferior H," or the 10th Sephiroth, Malkuth, the foundation of matter."

"Jehovah," in its best aspect is Binah, "the Upper mediating Mother, the Great Sea or Holy Spirit;" therefore rather a synonym of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, than of his Father; that "Mother, being the Latin Mare" the Sea is here also, Venus, the Stella del Mare, or "Star of the Sea."
HPB

Maybe we should take a look at the Black Madonnas with all this in mind. The Madonna is sometimes represented standing on the Moon. Could the Black Madonna be a Moon aspect?
Some interesting thoughts on the Celestial Madonna....

-Br.Buce

Bruce,

This is something Nick may have an interest in, as it's come up on several threads in the past few months. I was posting some things on the Divine Feminine myself, just last week, though I forget which thread.

Certainly I have the interest! I believe that the New Era is the era of WOMAN ... and that a balance shall be restored. Of course, I also believe our future Humanity will return to the androgynous, single-gendered state in which we existed before mid-Lemurian times. That, of course, may well be millions of years off. No time soon, anyway ...

cheers,

~andrew

Dear Br. Andrew,
Thank you for your interest. Yes, it is quite a shift to imagine Jehovah as feminine- but there it is.

>Certainly I have the interest! I believe that the New Era is the era of >WOMAN ... and that a balance shall be restored.

I would say that the sex differences are not so strong as they were in the past. Men can have strong feminine characteristics, and for women they can exhibit masculine tendencies. All in all, there will be more balance in our imaginative (feminine) and reasoning (masculine) powers. Though men will still be men and women, women.

Steiner did predict that women will increasingly become infertile.

>Of course, I also believe our future Humanity will return to the >androgynous, single-gendered state in which we existed before >mid-Lemurian times. That, of course, may well be millions of years off. No >time soon, anyway ...

Yes I do concur with that. However, The Lemurian first "Man", who could procreate on his own, was feminine in nature. This power is called kriya shakti. The Masons call it the "Lost Word"; and they have been preparing for the future state of Man- jealously guarding this secret.

In Lemuria and Atlantis, the female was dominant in society. In some older cultures this is so today.

The future hermaphrodite human being will be, overall, masculine in nature (though there will be differences in individuals). Reproduction will occur through the use of our transformed larynx. Of course we won't be burdened with the physicality we have today. The fact that the male voice changes at puberty is a herald of this.

-Blessings,
Br.Bruce

Back