Islamic sect

Postmaster

Reaction score
Just incase Baha'is are not aware, this guy claimed to be the return of Christ in the 1800s. Infact he Bahaullah and were living simultaneously.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this is his religion

Ahmadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the person that tied up the tomb in Kashmir as that of Jesus and rewrote the meaning of Jihad.

But interestingly his prophethood was announced near the same time as Bahaullah and has a fusion of Christian and Islamic concepts. He was a well respected and a well known reformer, he then completely messed it up when he was claming to converse with God and was a prophet.

I consider this religion gibberish btw. It's interesting to see how where ever the British Empire was it gave exposure to Christianity in the Islamic world and opened up the first doors to true Globalisation, this is probably what caused a drastic change in ideology by theologian masters and where I see the same factors playing in Bahaullah's life.

Postmaster,

Yes the Ahmadiyyih came a little later and they regard themselves as Muslims. Baha'is don't have an official position on it. You might check the Islamic board as there was an Ahmadi posting there up until fairly recently as I recall.

As far as the British being a factor in the principles of Baha'u'llah, there was really only one British oriantalist EG Browne that visited Baha'u'llah in Akka briefly... Baha'u'llah did address a Tablet though to Queen Victoria praising her government for making the slave trade illegal... this about 1868 or so... Abdul-Baha was praised by the British for helping avert famine in Akka-Haifa area during the close of WWI and there were some British Baha'is who were devoted to Him.
other than that in my view the principles of Baha'u'llah originated from a Higher Source.

- Art

other than that in my view the principles of Baha'u'llah originated from a Higher Source.

- Art

This I do not deny or trying to disapprove. But what I really want to say is, it doesn't mean Baha'u'llah was not susceptible to environmental factors, they could very well be part of his prophethood. Who needs to be fooled......

It's possible that Ahmadiyyih had divine attributes but this still does not make him a manifestation. Compared to Baha'u'llah his theology does not reflect or fulfil Gods intent. And that is the difference between the failed prophets and the manifestations.

It's possible that Ahmadiyyih had divine attributes but this still does not make him a manifestation. Compared to Baha'u'llah his theology does not reflect or fulfil Gods intent. And that is the difference between the failed prophets and the manifestations.

Lots of millenialist movements in Islam in the late 1800's The most famous of which was probably the Sudanese Mahdi who raised hundreds of thousands of troops and kicked the Egyptians and British out of the Sudan floowing the fall of Khartoum in 1885.

The Mahdi died a fews months after sacking Khartoum and his extremist religious faction ruled the Sudan until the late 1890/s when General Kitchener became the leader of an Anglo-Egyptian government and invaded the Sudan.

The last of the Mahdists were defeated in the battle of Omdurman.

Back