what is justice

S

shadowman

what do you guys think justice means? dont just be lead by my following questions. add whatever you want

How does it relate to us on a divine or spiritual scale?

does evil need to pay.

do people that make money or gain off of the toiling of others need to pay after they are dead (since at the moment no god of justice is doing anything to stop this)

who is accountable?

what do we think about people who are not immediately exploiting people, for example "regular middle class joes who grow up in america or a first world nation. do they even realize that their lifestyle is hurting the lifestyle of peoin other places? even if you arent working at enron, you are hurting someone else just by supporting acountry that does awful things for business.

is there a divine justice for this?

its not really in our hands though, you and me cant change this country on such a drastic level. but in a weird way, every citizen of america, for example is contributing to the screwed upness of either fellow disenfranchized americans or people abroad....

what about evil people. witches, etc

are some people just not salvagable?

maybe Justice is an arbitrary term.....and not everyone can agree what is or what isn't......if there is such a thing its on a Divine nature........

maybe justice means treating everyone the same way

aka fair, and if you do wrong, you have to compensate the victim, and if the victim includes the state (it usually does) then you have to compensate them too. It does not mean revenge or vengeance, to punish for the sake of punishing, or to force as disproportionate compensation

The three problems with it are ... defining what is wrong action, and agreeing to what the compensation ought to be, and enforcing it.

When you enforce justice on a nation, they usually refuse to obey, and that usually results in war.

O SON OF SPIRIT!
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes.

(Baha'u'llah, The Arabic Hidden Words)

Back