why does god punish flawed creatures that he made forever

S

shadowman

he made each and every one of us right? why is he letting us go through this insane world where we could end up lost and going to hell?

we suck at everything and have many flaws, why punish us for those flaws?

D'you mean why should we be held responsible for our own faults?

Thomas

I think Sm is getting at the point - If God made man, he made us with all our flaws, so why then punish us for the flaws he made? Which is something I've wondered too...

So those of us who are never 'corrected' aren't loved? But I thought the line was that he loves you, even if you don't know him.

I still don't understand why he would make us so flawed and then punish us. If it's so that we have the opportunity to learn and choose the right path, then why would he 'correct' some, but leave others to flounder and be damned?

Of course He loves you but do you love Him? Do you enter into that relationship with Him that He requires in order to be that close to you?? Ypu have to make the choice He wont make it for you.

The question isn't whether he loves me, it's

If God made man, he made us with all our flaws, so why then punish us for the flaws he made?

(Or at least, that was my interpretation of the question, which may not in fact be what SM was asking.)

why does he have a point where he no longer will love you no matter what?
(after judgement)

he made each and every one of us right? why is he letting us go through this insane world where we could end up lost and going to hell?

we suck at everything and have many flaws, why punish us for those flaws?

I like to see it that every flawed human will fulfil his purpose, regardless how flawed or evil they are considered. It just so happens and thanking God for this, that there is a lot of people that have high standard of moral living and that be to there benefit and everyone else’s. As for the outcome of life, nobody knows, but we do assume.

D'you mean why should we be held responsible for our own faults?

Thomas

yeah, why should we?

who benefits from eternally punishing us.

does god get benefit out of it?

do we?

whats the point of that.

Of course He loves you but do you love Him? Do you enter into that relationship with Him that He requires in order to be that close to you?? Ypu have to make the choice He wont make it for you.

his love is reasonably none-see-able by us until after we die. after we die, we would know if he is real or not and the choice would be simple.

why does he choose to punish all of us in the firstplace?

how can it be

that my fellow driving by me

or walking past
in the store
at the bus stop
in my class
etc

that some of these people are going to be cast into a fiery furnace forever and ever?

how is this ok?

do humans matter?

arent we here just to glorify god?

I think Sm is getting at the point - If God made man, he made us with all our flaws, so why then punish us for the flaws he made? Which is something I've wondered too...

Your premise is wrong. God did not make our flaws. God can't do or make anything short of perfection.

The flaws are there because we've rejected God and turned away from him. Our flaws are a result of sin, along with everything wrong with the world. God didn't make them.

meaning what?

what do you mean by held responsible...?

what are the faults?

We are all accountabel to God for our actions. He gave us a moral consicence so we know what's right and wrong, and we choose to do wrong instead of right (called sinning). It was our choice, we are responsible for that choice and the consequences that come with it.

yeah, why should we?

who benefits from eternally punishing us.

does god get benefit out of it?

do we?

whats the point of that.

Satan benefits from us being eternaly punished. He hates God, but he can't do anything to God.

But he can hurt us. And he knows that God loves us, so his way of hurthing God is through us. So he tries as hard as he can to bring as many people down as possible.

God does not benefit, infact it greatly hurts him every time even one of his image bearrers is lost. But because of his just nature he has to judge sin, and the penalty of sin is death (physical and spiritual), just as he said in the Genesis Chap. 3

We obvously don't benefit from it but it is our just reward, and it's what we deserve.

The point is that God loves us enough that he respects human free will and choice that if we choose not to be with him he will honor that choice, and that God is the just judge of the world.

Your premise is wrong. God did not make our flaws. God can't do or make anything short of perfection.

The flaws are there because we've rejected God and turned away from him. Our flaws are a result of sin, along with everything wrong with the world. God didn't make them.

Surely though as we are capable of sinning we are flawed? Didn't he create us with a sex drive? If so then to punish us for listening to it seems unfair, hypocritical even. Or is sex a gift of the devil rather than god?

he respects human free will and choice that if we choose not to be with him he will honor that choice, and that God is the just judge of the world

Though again, as our natural drives (sex and selfish need for survival to name two) seem to lead us towards sin, and one needs to defy these urges in order to keep from sinning I'd question whether those who sin are turning away or whether we actively have to turn towards him in order to be saved. Setting us on a road that leads to a cliff and then saying, 'if you don't turn off the road, it's your choice' seems a little unfair.

Surely though as we are capable of sinning we are flawed? Didn't he create us with a sex drive? If so then to punish us for listening to it seems unfair, hypocritical even. Or is sex a gift of the devil rather than god?

Sex is something God made and said it was very good. After he created Adam and Eve he commanded them to "be plentiful and procreate." Which meant: "have sex. A lot." It's just that sin distorts everything. God meant it for a man to only have sex with and lust after his own wife. But thanks to sin, it doesn't happen that way.

Though again, as our natural drives (sex and selfish need for survival to name two) seem to lead us towards sin, and one needs to defy these urges in order to keep from sinning I'd question whether those who sin are turning away or whether we actively have to turn towards him in order to be saved. Setting us on a road that leads to a cliff and then saying, 'if you don't turn off the road, it's your choice' seems a little unfair.

First of all, God didn't "set us on a road taht leads to a cliff," we sinned against God and turned off the road he put us on and headed toward the cliff. And yes, we have to actively turn to God to be saved, it doesn't just happen automaticaly.

Second of all, selfishness is not something God gave us. Selfishness came due to sin. Selflessness is a Godly characteristic. Look at Jesus, he did not in any way use his powers for his own benefit, but to help others.

Once you are saved, God gives you a new heart that is pure and perfect, which is where the Holy Spirit dwells. But our bodies are still full of sin and succeptabel to temtation, which is why we still sin. God looks at people's hearts and for believers he sees perfection, which is made possible through Christ. But God himself became a man and was tempted in every way we are, so he understands why we fail. He doesn't condem us for it, he just tells us that we can do better and promises to help us if we keep asking for his help. But we still need to confess our sins to God becasue that's how we get it off our chest.

God needs us to come to him and be honest with him. That's how the relationship forms. God wants a relationship with everyone, but relationships are built on intimacy. Intimacy is knowing and being known. We pray to God and tell him about our selves (our faults, our feelings, our emotions, etc.), and we read his Word to learn about him.

Back