New upgrade

bruceg

Reaction score
Wow. Much cleaner look. And now WYSIWYG editing. Very nice.

Couple of things I missed immediately, though.

* The breadcrumb trail of levels when there's a "No newer thread" page. It was really handy to get back to the main page so I could go to the next forum.

* Ditto the breadcrumb at the bottom of the posts - for the same reason

brucegdc said:
Couple of things I missed immediately, though.

* The breadcrumb trail of levels when there's a "No newer thread" page. It was really handy to get back to the main page so I could go to the next forum.

* Ditto the breadcrumb at the bottom of the posts - for the same reason
I'm not quite sure what you mean - breadcrumbs??

Breadcrumbs are the trails through a website - on this page, it's:
comparative-religion.com interfaith forums > comparative-religion.com forum > Feedback
Really nice thing in layouts when you're wandering around a site. Each layer you go down leaves a trail, so you can navigate back quickly.

Ah...in that case, it's probably a programming issue above myself.

However, this software type is near completeion - as soon as it is, there should be an explosive growth in modifications aimed at it. I'll see what comes up, but you can be sure that there'll be a couple that are useful for here. :)

Just discovered the New Posts button at the top - I think it's new in this release. That is making my "read everything on the site" much easier - even without the breadcrumbs.

Great upgrade - the new color scheme works well with the rest of the site as well.

Crumbs from the table

About breadcrumbs, if I may, I am reminded about food crumbs in the Gospel. Allow me to relate that incident about crumbs where Jesus was administered a lesson by a woman, not a Jew, but even called a dog by Jesus for not being a member of the chosen people.

A Canaanite woman, not a Jew, comes to Jesus -- who is a Jew -- and begs Him to expel out a demon possessing her daughter. Jesus answers, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel", meaning the chosen people like Himself, the Jews. But the woman persists. And Jesus continues His insulting replies, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." So she responds with this riposte: "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the master's table." Jesus was touched, praising her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish", He healed her daughter right away.

This incident might be a good collection or refresher for our culture of religion, if anyone is interested.

Susma Rio Sep

For a lesson...

I said:

If I may, please also include a "Black Hole" where are placed all deleted posts; so that their authors will be monumentalized to their discredit or embarrassment or even shame for writing posts deserving to be consigned to the "Black Hole", and others can learn what posts not to write.

Thanks for the improvements with new features.

Susma Rio Sep

Back