Time for a ba'hai forum?

bruceg

Reaction score
Looks like comparative studies is turning into a major treatise on ba'hai, as all the threads are heading that way - may be worth adding a new section to the forum since the discussion is so popular.

... Bruce (who can say that - he doesn't have to do the work).

Chopsuey

brucegdc said:
Looks like comparative studies is turning into a major treatise on ba'hai, as all the threads are heading that way - may be worth adding a new section to the forum since the discussion is so popular.

... Bruce (who can say that - he doesn't have to do the work).
I think it's better not to give Baha'i a section of its own; for finding it in different sections posters here are more exposed to read contributions on other religions. The better people know about more religions, the better for everyone in acquiring mutual understanding.

Susma Rio Sep

Certainly something I should consider - thanks for the heads up. :)

Of course, once I start creating new boards, I may get carried away...time for a general review, I think. Is it time to create disinct forums for Christianity, Judaism, and Islam? Wicca and New Age? Hm... :)

Encyclopedia

I said:
Certainly something I should consider - thanks for the heads up. :)

Of course, once I start creating new boards, I may get carried away...time for a general review, I think. Is it time to create disinct forums for Christianity, Judaism, and Islam? Wicca and New Age? Hm... :)
Yes, I can see the merits of making a distinct forum for each religion where people can expound on its teachings and observances, point out its less worthy items, or its strengths, its relevancy in today's world.

The forums as a whole would then be a living and growing encyclopedia of religions. Useful for people who want to have knowledge of a religion believed in and as lived and as explained by ordinary people, not by professionals.

What such an encyclopedic account of each religion lacks in formalistic technicalities, it more than makes up for from the direct acquaintance and first hand experience of its believers.

Susma Rio Sep

Back