Zarathustra in the Book of the Bee

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Bruce Michael, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Bruce Michael

Bruce Michael New Member

Hi All,
    The Book of the Bee has an interesting description of the Star of the Magi:
    Also THE COMING OF THE MAGI FROM PERSIA- though there are twelve of them:

Before these items appear in the book there is an ancient prophecy connected with the destiny of Zarathustra (Zerdosht).

This prophecy was preserved from approximately the sixth century B.C.
    Chapter XXXVII - The Prophecy of Zârâdôsht Concerning Our Lord
    THE PROPHECY OF ZÂRÂDÔSHT CONCERNING OUR LORD.

-Br.Bruce

2. Bruce Michael

Bruce Michael New Member

Here is the passage I talked of before, where Dr. Steiner explains the notion of redemption as taught by the followers of Zarathustra.

To these strongly Manichean thoughts you can add Dr. Steiner's oft quoted Persian story of the dead dog's teeth.

In the above lecture series you can read about Zarathustra's incarnation as Zarathas or Nazarathos, in Chaldea and his teaching of the Hebrew initiates during the Captivity.

The practices of the Nazarites were carried out in stricter form by the Essenes. The Essenes were under the influence of the Maitreya Bodhisattva who worked through Jeshu Ben Pandira (the Teacher of Righteousness).

I wonder if the Buddhist influence we find later in Manicheanism, is also one from the Maitreya Bodhisattva. It seems that way to me. We also find the Nazarite and Essene practices of abstinence of meat eating and alcohol in the Manichean communties- as I mentioned, Clement says that Matthew was a vegetarian.

-Br.Bruce