Boards re-ordered: new boards created

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know that I've been spending my Sunday morning reorganising the boards on the forum - specifically, creating new ones to address specific Faith issues.

So Monotheism now has separate boards for Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Bahai.

Alternative spirituality now has the NeoPaganism speciality board.

There's a specific Graeco-Roman board in the Ancient Mythology section.

Eastern Thought also has Buddhism and Tao as separate boards under that heading.

I did actually set out to separate the boards into the current arrangement a while back, but was not suitably proficient with the forum software to know how to actually setup subforums.

Now it is done. :)

To myself, the activity and post counts on the boards demand this sort of change. It should also help open the forums and free up members into a wider and more accessible range of topic areas.

In short, much needed and very useful!

Any comments or suggestions on this thread are very welcome.

Logic of division

I said:
Just to let you know that I've been spending my Sunday morning reorganising the boards on the forum - specifically, creating new ones to address specific Faith issues.

So Monotheism now has separate boards for Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Bahai.

Alternative spirituality now has the NeoPaganism speciality board.

There's a specific Graeco-Roman board in the Ancient Mythology section.

Eastern Thought also has Buddhism and Tao as separate boards under that heading.

I did actually set out to separate the boards into the current arrangement a while back, but was not suitably proficient with the forum software to know how to actually setup subforums.

Now it is done. :)

To myself, the activity and post counts on the boards demand this sort of change. It should also help open the forums and free up members into a wider and more accessible range of topic areas.

In short, much needed and very useful!

Any comments or suggestions on this thread are very welcome.

Your present division has its logic; so also the previous one.

Another logic of division is to have a working definition of religion and produce sections according to each ingredient of the definition.

For example, if you should adopt my definition of religion as:

Religion is a human behavior founded upon a belief in an unknown power resulting in affections and actions intended by the believer to influence the power to relate favorably to the believer.

Then the possible sections of the forum on comparative religion would be the following: a) language of religion, b) beliefs and psychology of religion, c) morality and observance of religion, d) metaphysics in religion, e) eschatology, f) anti-religion systems

Each section would be further divided into subsections with a mind towards similarities and differences among religions -- satisfying the idea of comparative in comparative religion.

I think this kind of a division would give posters and guests a picture of where and how each religion is different or similar to other religions.

Susma Rio Sep

Interesting comments - I will certainly bear in mind the subdivisions when the number of posts here is high enough to justify such areas. :)

I said:

On behalf of numerous Baha'is, I would like to thank you for setting up the new Baha'i forum. I can assure you that quite a few of us were very pleased! :D

QG

QueryGuy said:
On behalf of numerous Baha'is, I would like to thank you for setting up the new Baha'i forum. I can assure you that quite a few of us were very pleased! :D

QG
Maybe that will stop all those Baha'is e-mailing me, asking why I don't have a Baha'i section on the main site. :D

Soon enough, though - I'm re-planning my life so that soon enough I'll be able to invest real time in fully expanding the content of this site. May take a little while yet. At the moment there are certain areas with lamentably poor content: the Judaism, Islam, and Taoism sections for starters. I intend to change all that very soon and get some major texts online here - and also finally create that new Baha'i section with limited representation of writings by Baha'u'llah. :)

For the moment, I'm glad to have the board - I think we have enough active members to justify it, and I'm sure there is plenty of interesting discussions to be had.

Back