Retain comparative board?

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Looking at the options while re-ordering the forums - do we actually need a specific "comparative studies" board? Is not the forum already that to some degree anyway?

The reason I specifically ask is because I'd like feedback on this issue - does it really present a solid neutral ground for the discussion of any particular topic or issue - or does it merely spread topics about when they could be better rooted in Faith-specific boards?

Comments invited.

Help me.

I said:
Looking at the options while re-ordering the forums - do we actually need a specific "comparative studies" board? Is not the forum already that to some degree anyway?

The reason I specifically ask is because I'd like feedback on this issue - does it really present a solid neutral ground for the discussion of any particular topic or issue - or does it merely spread topics about when they could be better rooted in Faith-specific boards?

Comments invited.

Honestly, I am not sure what exactly you are talking about.

You use the words: forum, forums, board:

"Looking at the options while re-ordering the forums"

" - do we actually need a specific "comparative studies" board?

"Is not the forum already that to some degree anyway?"

"... spread topics about when they could be better rooted in Faith-specific boards?"

Without reference in my mind to its exact location in comparative-religion.com interfaith forums, are you thinking of starting a new section called "comparative studies", where people can post messages on grounds of solid neutrality in any topic or issue?

Or are you abolishing a section that is already in substance "comparative studies"? What section is then now in substance "comparative studies"?

Have I muddled your invitation for comments unnecessarily owing to my limited power of understanding?

Anyway Brian, if there is no section in substance "comparative studies", there is really no need to start one; because the whole "comparative-religion.com interfaith forums" is all comparative studies of religions and all issues connected with religion in support of or contrary to the phenomenon. (See...?)

So, in my understanding, there is already a section in your website, comparative-religion.com, where people post messages, that is in substance "comparative studies". No need for another section.

Unless you plan to introduce a section where the emphasis is on solid neutral ground motivating messages, as compared to the absence of such a ground in other sections...?

Susma Rio Sep

Thanks for pointing out my bad use of technical terms - forums, forum, board - it is a habit of mine. I really should have been clearer, though. :)

The individual faith boards I have generally thought of as being "safe" for people of a particular faith - "home turf", if you will, where they should not face abject criticisms of their faith and path.

The "comparative studies" board was always a means to allow specific comparisons and criticisms - that may not be well received by the faith under discussion - to be carried out in a generally exploratively way.

My thought was to wonder as to whether there really was a need to separate discussions in such a way. I'm still considering this.

But thank you for your feedback, Susma. :)

Back