Hey buddhists: fancy some at-home "Gampopa's Ornament of Great Realisation study"?

Francis king

Reaction score
...Samye Ling, in Scotland, of the Kagyu lineage, and all round good eggs, are

..."delighted to announce the launch in spring 2008 ...its new three-year home study programme. It is based on ten study months a year..."

The main study text will be Gampopa's Ornament of Realisation", and Ken Holmes is the "dharmacharya" here, supposedly, but don't let that put you off! (sorry Ken...) It's a great text, and well, maybe worthy of investigation...?

So, if anyone is interested... get yourself to the samye ling site and find out more...

If this constitutes spam or advertising, then I apologise!

cheerio

Re: Hey buddhists: fancy some at-home "Gampopa's Ornament of Great Realisation study"

"Gampopa's Ornament of Realisation"

Funny. Gampopa's Ornament of Realisation sound like a manga title to me. ;)

98acf1d6.jpg

Re: Hey buddhists: fancy some at-home "Gampopa's Ornament of Great Realisation study"

Namaste Francis,

thank you for the post and the information, i'll be sure to pay a visit to the site as Gampopa was an important figure within Tibetan Vajrayana :)

metta,

~v

np, Vaj, glad someone got some use from it...

update on above... check out their site, but it runs like this...

starts in april 2008, runs for three years... covers virtually everything a buddhist could want to know, all free... starts from the first noble truth and the origin of suffering, etc, right up to the definition of the two truths, all based on gampopa's ornament and the Kagyu interp... there are a few residential weekends, but they are not compulsory...

I will email them this week and tell u all the rest of the info should any arise, but no doubt you could do the same urself, and if u do, then let me know... maybe will see u there... of course, I won't be francis king... lol..

cheerio

Back