Anyone Know The Meaning Of This Pic?

revelations

Reaction score
Hi, im new here and it's this 1st time that I have posted in this section of the forum. So here goes ...

I dont know about you but recently I have seen this picture popping up everywhere. Friends I have that have been to Egypt have come back with this pic... so they must be selling them to tourist in the hundreads/thousands.
It seems to be popping up on the internet alot too.

Do any of you know the story/meaning behind this pic?

Notice that the one charactor has GREEN skin!

hiogriph funerary.jpg

one character? lol.... I will most likley be wrong but not far off... This would have been found near the main chamber in a pyramid right? The "green character" lol is the pharoh no idea which one as I have no idea where you got the picture from... He's about to hit the nail on the head and pop his clogs... The animal faced creatures are gods.... They are weighing his organs and such to scale if he is going to a good place... Well, that's my idea anyway.... A story of the death of the guy that has rotten in the box next to the picture.

Hi Revelations...This is only a semi-educated guess, but I believe that it depicts the god Anubis in the process of weighing the souls of the dead.

The being with green skin dressed in white represents pharaoh who rules over the two kingdoms of upper and lower Egypt. Pharaoh symbolically wears the double sectioned, white-black crown, and holds the twin symbols of royal power, the ankh and the whisk. Pharaoh also symbolically sits in a throne separated and partitioned from the "weighing" activities. Pharaoh also sits between and symbolically "protects" young life, as represented by the young man and woman behind the throne, from any consequences of the "weighing" processes.

Pharaoh also symbolized the throne of human life generation as represented by the four small figures emerging from the base of the throne and sitting atop a "blossoming" structure which is depicted as being dynamic and living. I would not agree with 17th's opinion that the green skinned Pharaoh is dead, but that the royal office itself places the person on the throne in the position of living and being in both the living and dead worlds, hence the white clothing on top of the green skin which denotes life and light covering over death.

Or as the old proverb goes, which supposedly originated with the Egyptian god Toth,"as above...so below.

My two cents.

flow....:cool:

Ahh yes I didnt didnt notice the other 4 character's above with green skin!
But why do some have green and other's have normal tone skin? :D
one character? quote]

Basically mate green guarantee's you a new life/resurrection... But also it shows power..... Note Osiris (one of the gods there with the green face is GREEN) as he has the power to resurect and sure as heck has power ;)

Hi, im new here and it's this 1st time that I have posted in this section of the forum. So here goes ...

I dont know about you but recently I have seen this picture popping up everywhere. Friends I have that have been to Egypt have come back with this pic... so they must be selling them to tourist in the hundreads/thousands.

View attachment 650
not sure really, but does that guy in the middle have a head like a falcon. the god Horus was represented with a falcon’s head;the Egyptians practiced a most degrading idolatry that embraced the worship of animals.Many of the most prominent gods were regularly depicted as having a human body with the head of an animal or bird.

The gods shown in this part if you want detail are: (from left to right)

Anubis / Tawert / Thoth (I was mixing this up with Osiris I am sure now it is Thoth) / Horus.....

I am not -that- great with Egyptian history but I do love it lol..

revelations said:

650d1195054485-anyone-know-the-meaning-of-hiogriph-funerary.jpg
Starting on the left, The intermediary between men and the gods, jackel-headed Anubis leads the newly dead person's ka to the scale of Ma'at (law, morality, justice, truth, sitting on top of the scales) to weigh the person's heart against the feather of Ma'at (truth).

Next, you see Anubis actually weighing the person's heart against the feather of Truth, with Ibis-headed Thoth recording the results. The monster Am-Mit sits under the scale. If the person's heart doesn't measure up, she will devour the heart and the person will go out of existance.

Next, having had his heart weigh true, falcon-headed Horus takes the person's ka into the company of the gods, and makes testimony that the person's heart weighed true, and is righteous.

On the far right, the resurrected (and thusly green-skinned) Osiris sits on his throne with his sister-wife Isis (with the throne on her head, dressed in red) and sister Nephthys (with the house and basket on her head, dressed in green) behind him, who will give the person further instructions.

The Egyptians also had many animal gods and goddesses in their pantheon, such as Apis the bull, Banaded the ram, Heqt the frog, Hathor the cow, and Sebek the crocodile. (Romans 1:21-23) It was in this religious setting that the Israelites found themselves in captivity as slaves in the 16th century B.C.E. To release them from Pharaoh’s stubborn grip, Jehovah, the God of Israel, had to send ten different plagues against Egypt. (Exodus 7:14–12:36) Those plagues amounted to a calculated humiliation of the mythological gods of Egypt.

How Did the Trinity Doctrine Develop?

. Egypt. Triad of Horus, Osiris, Isis, 2nd millennium B.C.E. the trinity is in a lot of ancient beliefs so it seems those ancient beliefs have found their way into so called christianity . i wonder what Jehovah thinks about that in this day ?

Egypt’s religion was polytheistic, characterized by over 500 gods, and possibly twice that many. “Throughout Egypt generally the company of gods of a town or city were three in number,” says Egyptologist E. A. Wallis Budge. In time, a principal triad developed, a holy family composed of Osiris, the father; Isis, the mother; and Horus, the child.

Back