Jokes

Ahanu

Reaction score
Are there any jokes that Muhammad told to his friends? Also, what jokes did Muhammad's friends tell Him? What kind of stories would crack Muhammad up and make Him smile?

hi Ahanu,
Actually,these are good questions those which you asked....they are trying to discover another human part in Muhammed s personality...
yes, Muhamed used to joke with his friends, and the same his friends used to do with him. Muhamed used to joke with his friends, but he tells nothing but the truth in his jokes.how come? you can read about this topic in the following site:

The Muslim Has A Sense Of Humour (Islaam.Com)

How do you find Muhamed{pbuh}s jokes,Ahanu?:) For me, I found them fascinating:), and they present jokes of a high quality. The prophet Muhamed{pbuh} teaches believers how to treat people friendly in words and deeds as well. Muhamed {pbuh} said in a hadith:."The believer gets along with people and they feel comfortable with him. There is no goodness in the one who does not get along with people and with whom they do not feel comfortable. " [Reported by Abmad and al-Bazar; the men of Ahmad's isnad are rijal as-sahih]" the hadith is copied from the following site:
The Muslim Is Friendly And Likeable (Islaam.Com)

please if you know about any other jokes made by the prophet Muhamed{pbuh} and his companions, let me know about them...i really enjoyed knowing about another important part in Muhamed{pbuh}s personality...ok?:)

This is my pick for the best one that made the Prophet laugh. . .

An example of the Sahabah's sense of humour, which made the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) laugh, is the report given by Imam Ahmad from Umm. Salamah (radhiallahu `anha). Abil Bakr (radhiallahu `anhu) went to do business in Busra, and with him were Nu'ayman and Suwaybit ibn Harmalah (radhiallahu `anhuma), both of whom had been present at Badr. Suwaybit was in charge of food on the journey, and Nu'ayman said to him, "Feed me!" Suwaybit said, "Not until Abu Bakr (radhiallahu `anhu) comes." Nu'ayman was a fun-loving man with a sense of humour, so he went to some people who had brought livestock with them, and said, "Will you buy a sturdy Arab slave from me?" They said, "Yes." He said, "He has a big mouth, and he may tell you that he is a free man. If that means that you do not want to take him, then forget the matter, and do not cause trouble for me with him." They said, "No problem, we will buy him." So they bought him for ten young she-camels. Nu'ayman brought the animals back, and told the people: "There he is!" Suwaybit said: "I am a free man!" They said, "He has already told us all about you," and put a rope around his neck and led him away. Then Abu Bakr came, and was told what had happened. He and his companions went and returned the animals and took Suwaybit back. They told the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) what had happened, and he and his Sahabah would laugh about the story for a year afterwards.

This is my favorite report about Muhammad's humor. . .

One of the hadiths that reflects the Prophet's sense of humour and enjoyment of fun is the report that Ahmad gives ftom 'A'ishah who said: "I went out with the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) on a journey. At that time I was a young girl and was quite slender. The Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead, then he said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and I won. He let the matter rest until I had gained weight. Later, I accompanied him on another journey. He told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead. He said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and he won. He began to laugh, and said, 'This is for that."'

I like this:D:D:D:D:D

[SIZE=+0]Hasan Basri says that an old woman came to prophet Muhammad and made a request, “O’ Messenger of Allah make pray for me that Allah grants me entrance into Paradise.” The prophet replied, “O’ Mother, an old woman cannot enter Paradise.” That woman started crying and began to leave. The prophet then said, “Say to the woman that one will not enter in a state of old age, but Allah will make all the women of Paradise young virgins. Allah says, “Lo! We have created them a (new) creation and made them virgins, lovers, equal in age.” (35-37). (Tirmidhi)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

A woman came to the prophet grouching about her husband. The prophet asked her, "Isn't your husband the one whose eyes are white (which means in Arabic literature 'blind)?'" The woman then feared and said, "No, he is not." Then, she immediately went back to her husband and started looking at his eyes. Her husband felt strange. He asked her, "What wrong with you? Weren't you upset from me just an hour ago." She told him what happened with prophet Muhammad and they realized how he solved the problem between them by re-motivating the love emotions between them in this gentle truthful way.

Abu Hurairah reports, “The companions of prophet Muhammad asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah, you joke with us?’ He replied, ‘Yes, I do not say but the truth.” (Tirmidhi)
He loved Abu Umair and always played with him. One day the Prophet saw that he was depressed. The Companions told him that it was because his nughair (bird) had died. The Prophet tried to make him laugh and said, 'Abu Umair! What happened to Nughair?’ (Bukhari and Tirmidhi)
:p

[SIZE=+0]Anas ibn Malik relates that a person requested prophet Muhammad that he be given a conveyance. Prophet Muhammad replied, “The baby of a camel shall be given to you.” The person said, “What shall I do with the baby of a camel O’ Messenger of Allah?” (I want one for a conveyance). The prophet then replied smiling , “Every camel is the baby of a camel.” (Tirmidhi)[/SIZE]

:)

Good evening!! Awesome audience in here tonight! Great to be in Iran!

James bond.... Jesus and the prophet Muhammad walk into a bar.

The bartender asks "What can I get you?"

James bond, naturally has a Martini, shaken.... Not stirred.

Jesus asks for a glass of water and then magics it into wine. Tight ass.

The prophet Muhammad........

Oh how about this one..

So I went into a macdonalds the other day, and I go to order a big mac and a shake... Then I notice the cashier is the prophet Muhammad, I ask him, how the hells did you end up working in a place like this? The prophet muhammad replies..........

Knock knock...
Who's there?
The prophet Muhammad....
The prophet Muhammad who?

;)

Back