arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
Press Statement
Sean McCormack, Spokesman

Washington, DC
January 23, 2008

Death of Imprisoned Student in Iran

The United States is deeply concerned about the tragic death under suspicious circumstances of Ebrahim Lotfallahi, an Iranian student of Kurdish descent detained by the Ministry of Intelligence on January 6. We call on Iranian authorities to conduct a full investigation. The Iranian regime continues to deprive its citizens of a future free of fear, abuse, and arbitrary arrest. We urge the regime to release all individuals held without due process and a fair trial, including the three young Baha'i teachers being held in a Ministry of Intelligence detention center in Shiraz and the three Amir Kabir University students that prison authorities refuse to free despite an order issued by an Iranian judge in late December.
2008/049

Released on January 23, 2008

Source:

Death of Imprisoned Student in Iran

We have freedom of religion in the United States... there needs to be religious liberty for everyone.

"Illumine and hallow your hearts; let them not be profaned by the thorns of hate or the thistles of malice. Ye dwell in one world, and have been created through the operation of one Will. Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love." -Baha'u'llah

sorry this is so big, I have it big on my WordPad and I don't see where to shrink it here.. I guess I could shrink it on my WordPad first ;)

Last edited:
Maybe I should add that Baha'is stay out of politics...

"Forbear ye from concerning yourselves with the affairs of this world and all that pertaineth unto it, or from meddling with the activities of those who are its outward leaders." -Baha'u'llah

Back