Einstein's letter

I'd have to agree with Einstein... much in the bible is childish, and it is a children's book.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

I'd have to agree with Einstein... much in the bible is childish, and it is a children's book.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

nice scriptures as to return to basics seems fair

Does any one know 'who' it was who purchased Einstein's letter?

and not forgetting this verse in 1 corinthians 1; 27

but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put the strong things to shame;

just thought i would pick this out.
quote from link;
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is its comprehensibility,"

funny i would have said the opposite. "the most comprehensive thing about the universe is its inner incomprehensibility". :p

lol, I like that Z.

The good thing about the letter is that it settles the debate once and for all with the creationists that claim Einstein as one of their own. His words are unequivocal and, I am pleased to say, very close to my own thoughts.

Tao

Tao, it is comforting to hear that you no longer ascribe to Darwin's genetic racism and societal ethnocentrism to defend an alleged privilege as a type of man... or as an atheist. If you did, it would be counter to Einstein's letter where he lambasted being privileged as both a man, and as a Jew.

Back