The color of a Baha'i poll

What color do you associate with Baha'i ? Why? If not, then with what?

• Red, Crimson, rouges, all reds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange, Yellowish reds, all oranges

• Yellow, Golds, platinums and all yellows

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Green, evergreen, leaf green, pine, LED, all greens

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Brown, dark colors with dk red or dk yellow hues not black

• Indigo, baby blues, more blue than green or purple

• Violet, Purple

• Black and very dark blue or greys

• Other - rainbows, white, or unspeakable colors

• May not associate it with a color. Maybe with something else?

• Total voters

Dream

Reaction score
This is for Dawud!

Do you think of the Baha'i Faith as any of the colors in the above poll ....and why would you pick this color? Perhaps you associate it with something other than a color? If so, what? Why and why?

Vote for as many as you like. Votes are confidential, but please talk about it.

Colors

Appreciate your posting here Dream..

Welcome to the Forum!

and thanks for saying you feel Baha'is are reflective...i.e., Gold.

Here's a brief quote about "Gold":

"...the pure gold shineth radiantly in the fire of test."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 371)

I don't know how familiar you are with Baha'i Faith...

but we do have a few sayings about colors.. a little song for children goes like this:

"Good neighbors come in all colors.. black, white , yellow and tan

Are outsides may look different but we belong to the family of man!"

Here's a quote from Abdul-Baha about color:

"In the estimation of God there is no distinction of color; all are one in the color and beauty of servitude to him. Color is not important; the heart is all-important."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 267)

The color green is sometimes associated with the Bab as He was a descendant of Prophet Muhammad and a Siyyid..so He wore a Green Turban.

The color red is sometimes associated with Baha'u'llah and the Rose.. Red is the color of martyrdom as well as it is symbol of blood and there were many martyrs in our Faith.

Blue is associated sometimes with Abdul-Baha.. I'm not altogether sure about this one .... maybe tucked away in my memory somewhere.

- Art:)

This is for Dawud!

Do you think of the Baha'i Faith as any of the colors in the above poll ....and why would you pick this color? Perhaps you associate it with something other than a color? If so, what? Why and why?

Vote for as many as you like. Votes are confidential, but please talk about it.

Thanks Dream! Just what I wanted! :D

I voted for green because that's the color I associate with the Baha'i Faith. My reasons are... green is the color of love and the heart.. it's also a color I associate with Paradise... and with Akka, Mount Carmel, and the Lotus Temple in India... the grounds around it are green.

Re: Colors

The color green is sometimes associated with the Bab as He was a descendant of Prophet Muhammad and a Siyyid..so He wore a Green Turban.

- Art:)

Cool! I did not know that. Maybe I associate green with the Faith because of the Bab.... maybe I'm a Babi at heart :D

I did have a dream that I was at a gateway talking to a Manifestation of God. In fact I asked Him if He was God. That was before I became a Baha'i. After entering the gate, I ran into this beautiful green forested and hilly.. Paradise... it was so green. I ran along the wall, the wall that had the gateway I had entered.

I also dreamed of following a Crimson Pillar :)

(Baha'u'llah would be the Crimson Pillar.)

I chose Gold, because Bahai's seem reflective.

Cool :)

I associate gold and yellow with the sun, and the sun I see as a symbol of God. And I see God as so Great, so All-Pervading and All-Encompassing, that He shines on Baha'is, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc., etc. The sun also makes plants green :D

Anyone else want to vote? Art, what color do you see the Faith as? Crimson?

In my hard-back copy of the Book of Certitude there's (what I think is called) a frontispiece that has a calligraphic drawing of the Greatest Name along with a paragraph in green ink.

Back