Baha'i Faith recognized in Vietnam:

arthra

Baha'i
Reaction score
This news just received that the Baha'i Faith in Vietnam has been recognized there..

Baha’i community recognised as religious organisation
10:42' 26/07/2008 (GMT+7)
VietNamNet Bridge – The Government’s Committee for Religious Affairs has recognised the Baha’i Community of Vietnam as a religious organisation able to operate on an equal footing with other religions.

Head of the Government’s Committee for Religious Affairs Nguyen The Doanh handed over a certificate to this effect to the Baha’i Community of Vietnam in Ho Chi Minh City on July 25.

Doanh praised the Baha’i community for its contributions to the national development since its presence in Vietnam and said he believed the community will always preserve its advanced tenets that honour charity, marriage, family, and education.

Chairman of the Spiritual Council of the Baha’i Community of Vietnam Nguyen Thuc Trong said the Government’s recognition of the Baha’i religion “charts a new course of development for the entire Baha’i community” and motivates followers to make more contributions to social and humanitarian activities and to drive to preserve traditional spiritual values.

The Baha’i Community of Vietnam made its first presence in the country in 1954 and it has to date had 7,000 followers in 43 provinces and cities.

At present, the organisation is focusing on helping children, especially girls, to go to school.

(Source: VNA)

Source:

VietNamNet - Baha’i community recognised as religious organisation

Back