Psychomantium

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
Kindest Regards to all!

Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, but I'll give it a go anyway. Is anybody here familiar with the ancient Greek "Psychomantium?"

I'm afraid I don't believe I've encountered the term - and I've taken the liberty of separating it into a new thread, so that your question is more visible. :)

Kindest Regards, Brian!
I said:
I'm afraid I don't believe I've encountered the term - and I've taken the liberty of separating it into a new thread, so that your question is more visible. :)
Thank you.

I first heard of it from my psych professor, and looked into it what little I could. If I was told correctly, it was a large gazing pool built over so that it was completely in the dark. Those who sought to use it fasted and prepared themselves prior to entering the compound. The purpose was for communication with spirits. In my understanding, it was the foundation of the modern seance.

The ruins I found on the 'net were situated in Greece, near the "end of the world" in the extreme south-east corner, just outside the "gates of Hades."

I was also told of a technique developed by a guy (forgot his name) using a mirror and very low wattage light placed in the dark to gain similar results.

I don't use such techniques myself, but I am curious about the ruins and their purpose, as well as the newer technique. I was wondering if anybody here is familiar with either one, the purpose or use? :)

Sounds fascinating. :)

I'll try to do some research on this later.

Try this:

Psychomantium

The psychomantium is an ancient form of mirror gazing that has been popularized by Dr. Raymond Moody, M.D. It has its roots in the oracles of ancient Greece. This type of mirror gazing is used to contact spirits of departed loved ones.

Continued: http://astralthyme.com/psychomantium.html

Kindest Regards, Brian!

Thank you very much for your effort. I recall Dr. Moody's name now that you have reminded me. And the tools and exercise highlighted on the site you suggested are very much in line with what I was told.

I was hoping perhaps for some more info on the ruins in Greece, and perhaps more insight into the use by someone familiar with the context of the time and place. Things like the layout of the structure and the religious reasons that drove that culture to raise such a structure for such pursuits. Was this maybe one of their forms of prophecy? (Something like we might attribute to Nostradamus?) Or was it a much more personal, individual pursuit, or maybe both?

The whole concept seems intriguing. Thank you.

It can be spelled too ways psychomantium and psychomanteum, so depending on where you are looking you might get different articles. You can go here for some history on it.
Psychomanteum History

It can be spelled too ways psychomantium and psychomanteum, so depending on where you are looking you might get different articles. You can go here for some history on it.
Psychomanteum History
Kindest Regards, twisted tears, and welcome to CR!

Thank you very much for this link, I was not aware of an alternate spelling.

Back