Islam - the path of devotion

Abdillah

Reaction score
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

This is an open invitation to all to embark upon Islam, the path of devotion to Allah, holy and exalted is He. Islam is a simple religion with a simple creed: La ilaha illa Allah (there is none worthy of devotion other than Allah)

Iman is faith, and consists of six important beliefs: i) belief in Allah, ii) belief in His angels, iii) belief in His scriptures, iv) belief in His prophets, v) belief in the resurrection, and vi) belief in His divine decree

Islam is the path of devotion, based on five pillars: i) shahadah - to bear witness that there is none worthy of devotion other than Allah, and that Muhammad (alaihi salatu wa salam) is His messenger, ii) salah - to offer prayers to Allah five times in the day, iii) zakah - to give a portion of one's wealth to the needy for the sake of Allah, iv) sawm - to offer fast in the sacred month of Ramadan, and v) hajj - to make a pilgrimage to the house of Allah in makka (saudi arabia)

Ihsan is excellence in the path of devotion to Allah, and has two signs: i) to be so devoted to Allah as though you see him, or ii) to be so devoted to Allah as though He sees you (and indeed He is all-Seeing)

Islam is a simple religion with a basic creed, there is none worthy of devotion except Allah. Muslims believe that there is only One God, He is Independent without any partners, He does not beget children, nor was He begotten by a father or anything else, and there is nothing like unto Him.

Tawhid is monotheism, the unity and oneness of Allah, holy and exalted is He. It consists of three branches: i) the oneness of Allah in creating, sustaining and ruling over the creation, universe, existence, ii) the oneness of Allah is being worthy of all acts of devotion and worship, and iii) the oneness of Allah in all His names and attributes

Devotion to Allah Most High is the root of all piety and is the only means for salvation. Islam means surrender (the surrender of oneself entirely to Allah). Thus devotion to Allah alone is the greatest virtue, while its opposite, devotion to idols and anything other than or along with Allah is the worst of all transgressions. The sacred Quran: It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord, then worship Him. This is a way that is straight (3:51)

Devotion has many expressions, and each and every expression must be dedicated to Allah alone. Whether it be praying, fasting, sacrifing an animal, or dedicating a place of worship, it must all be directed toward and for the sake of Allah alone. Islam teaches that there is no mediation or intercession in devotion to Allah. It must be direct, while calling upon idols, saints, or anything else as a means of gaining nearness to Allah is something that is rejected. Allah Most High says in the sacred Quran: Is it not to Allah that sincere devotion is due? But those who take for protectors other than Allah (say): "We only serve them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah." Truly Allah will judge between them in that wherein they differ. But Allah guides not such as are false and ungrateful (39:3)

Allah is a majestic King, the King of kings, His throne extends above the heavens and the earth. His Kingdom includes everything, He alone is the Sovereign, and He has no partners. Thus to commit acts of devotion to idols or anything other than Allah alone is "spiritual treason". In virtually every government or kingdom, treason is the worst crime, deserving the worst penalty. The same is true with "spiritual treason". A sin is an act of disobedience to Allah, just like a crime is an act of disobedience to the law of a government or state. However, Allah is Merciful and Forgiving, He forgives those who sincerely repent. But those who die in a state of shirk (idolatry), where they compromise the oneness and authority of Allah have committed spiritual treason. When they do not recognize Allah's authority or oneness how can they possibly be forgiven? The Prophet (alaihi salatu wa salam) said that on the Day of Judgment if you come with all the sins in the world, Allah will come with an equal amount of mercy to forgive your sins provided you did not compromise the oneness of Allah by being devoted to idols or other "gods" besides Him.

allah cant be a king.. he ascends all genders therefore making him a king is making him male...

Radunzel said:
allah cant be a king.. he ascends all genders therefore making him a king is making him male...

I am very curious as to what your religion is. Muslims and Christians both believe that God is a King, the Bible says: "God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords" (1 Timothy 6:15)

King is male only when it applies to humans. God has no gender, but He is still a King. That's why we refer to Him as He. The masculine pronoun can also be used in neutral form (for objects without a gender), but the feminine pronoun in most languages is used strictly for females.

me well i was raised jewish-christian.. from my dads side though my dad lost his faith. my mum was a sikh but now embraces paganism (wiccan)

i took the shahada lol i think it was my way of rebelling..

but i dunno, when i found sunni school of thought rather bizare.. i don want to offend you but i think the Hadiths are badly written shambles and altough i flirted with being a submitter im now atheist but they are all very Lovely books

XXX

Back