This is not the thread you're looking for...move along...

I posted this link on another thread earlier today I think.
Maybe I should have posted it here

Not sure where that idea might come from. Sumerian Babylon had already approximated pi as much as 3000 years before Christ, though it was an approximate figure and it was understood as such:

Geometry
Babylonians knew the common rules for measuring volumes and areas. They measured the circumference of a circle as three times the diameter and the area as one-twelfth the square of the circumference, which would be correct if π is estimated as 3. They were aware that this was an approximation, and one Old Babylonian mathematical tablet excavated near Susa in 1936 (dated to between the 19th and 17th centuries BC) gives a better approximation of π as 25/8 = 3.125, about 0.5 percent below the exact value.[17] The volume of a cylinder was taken as the product of the base and the height, however, the volume of the frustum of a cone or a square pyramid was incorrectly taken as the product of the height and half the sum of the bases. The Pythagorean rule was also known to the Babylonians.[18][19][20]
emphasis mine, from the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_mathematics

... and one Old Babylonian mathematical tablet (c. 19th-17th centuries BC) gives a better approximation of π as 25/8 = 3.125, about 0.5 percent below the exact value.
0.5%! ... them Babylonians were rubbish, weren't they?!

Last edited:
Not sure where that idea might come from
It's an idea that gets floated around by some who question the absolute inerrancy of the bible. I've heard it referred to for years and years and years. The article mentions the story that it came from.

Ah yes, the molten sea.

Unless they had access to any plan drawings and / or metal casting knowledge, the finer points of the details would be lost on the writers. (Is that the same Hiram that is "venerated" by the Freemasons?)

What I want to know is how Israelite slaves managed to build pyramids by cutting granite stones with copper tools?

Back