Looking for Stories About Saints & Prophets

Reaction score
Hi & Salaams All

I'm looking for stories about saints and the many people's experience with them in a spiritual context or actual visiting the sites of them.

In addition it would help also to list:

1. Where they are buried, town, country
2. When they were born and died
3. What they were mostly known for

I hope you can help as I am trying to build a list of Saints for a project.

Or if you know of any groups/forums/blogs I can find online that will also greatly help.

Thank you all

Zahid

Saint George! :D
(275 A.D -303–April 23 A.D)
Born in Cappodocia
Decapitated in Nicomedia.

Interesting parts of his life and story :)

Before he died he gave everything he owned (he was from a very wealthy family) to the poor :D

He died three times during his tortue process in Nicomedia yet rose from the dead three times..

He saved the city of Lydda from a dragon!!! Which had a nest by their water supply!!!

His crest became the flag of England :D

To this day, April 23rd remains a day of "rememberance" in England (Bank holiday) For him.

That's a great project..! Are you thinking uhh of all religions? or were you thinking a partcular one?

- Art
------

Yes, I'm looking for stories from any religion.

The only thing I do need, apart from the criteria list, to include any suggestions are reliable or more than one point source of authentication (or as close as possible) so I can in some basic way validate any information.

Alot easier said than done but and book reference or personal references may also be OK.

Thank you.

Zahid

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great project..! Are you thinking uhh of all religions? or were you thinking a partcular one?

- Art
-------

Yes any religion.

I just need references from the list I gave.

The more cross references from different sources the better.

Any suggestions you can make or link where I can find further information will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you again.

Zahid

Saint George! :D
(275 A.D -303–April 23 A.D)
Born in Cappodocia
Decapitated in Nicomedia.

Interesting parts of his life and story :)

Before he died he gave everything he owned (he was from a very wealthy family) to the poor :D

He died three times during his tortue process in Nicomedia yet rose from the dead three times..

He saved the city of Lydda from a dragon!!! Which had a nest by their water supply!!!

His crest became the flag of England :D

To this day, April 23rd remains a day of "rememberance" in England (Bank holiday) For him.
===============

Thank you Alex for your suggestion.

Yes Saint George is an important figure. Do you have any document references to him regarding his story?

Thank you again

Zahid

This gives a very brief review of Baha'u'llah the Founder/Prophet of the Baha'i Faith:

Boise Baha'i Faith: A Brief History of the Baha'i Faith

There's a lot more material than I could posty here though.

Baha'u'llah is accepted by Baha'is as the Lord of this age and as fulfiling the prophecies of a Promised One. The hallmark of His teachings was bringing unity and peace to the world.

- Art:)
=====

Thank you for the suggestion.

Zahid

=====

Thank you for the suggestion.

Zahid

Hello SufiZikrLondon, and welcome to Interfaith!

I found your posts in a moderated status because of the redirects. I edited your posts to remove the redirects. We don't encourage redirects. You are most welcome to participate here, and particularly since we have so little Sufi involvement right now I would encourage your participation.

Thank you Alex for your suggestion.

You are most welcome :)

I found this cool page about George and the dragon: St George and the Dragon Story
(some nice pics too!! hehe)

I will continue to look for more online references for you that is the only one I can find so far! lol will keep looking

Also found out latley that Shakespear was born on St. George's day in 1564 and is said by some died on St Georges day 1616... Kind of interesting really seeing Shakespear in Henry immortalised the saint...

Qasasul Anbia (Stories Of The Prophets) by Ibn Kathir

IslamBasics

Tazkiratul Awliya (Tales of saints) by Faridudin Attar

Attar | Muslims Saints and Mystics

Kashful Mahjoob (Revelation of Mystery) by Ali Hujveri

Revelation of Mystery (Kashaf Al Mahjub), An Oldest Persian Treatise on Sufism (Spirituality) By Ali B. Uthman Al-Jullabi Al-Hujwiri, Translated by Lt Col (R) M Ashraf Javed

Also if you find them anywhere, try Qushayri's "Risala", Sulami's "Tabaqat al-Sufiyya" & Jami's "Nafahat al-uns". Excrepts are available different places on the net, but no complete online translation.

Back