All You Need To Know About Religion

Typical puerile exercise in ignorance posing as insight.

As anyone either for or against the Abrahamic Tradition should find this kind of self-opinionated bigotry lacking any substantial argument a waste of time, I suggest a move to the Lounge, or Media ... ?

Thomas

Thanks for the objective critique.

You sound as if you need to find, not so much a personal god, as a sense of humour.

Did you have your pitchfork out when they released Life Of Brian?

Jaysus wasn't the messiah, ya know.

Just a very very naughty boy - ;)

That was a trip..lol....

*Salutes*

Hey, a sense of humour on this thread, just when I had given up hope, lol :).

Ya know, if there was a god, I am pretty sure he would not take himself as seriously as the most po faced theist does, and he wouldn't want you to either, imo.

He gave you the ability to relax, have a laugh, live for the moment, didn't he?

Then use it!

*Salutes*

Hey, a sense of humour on this thread, just when I had given up hope, lol :).

Ya know, if there was a god, I am pretty sure he would not take himself as seriously as the most po faced theist does, and he wouldn't want you to either, imo.

He gave you the ability to relax, have a laugh, live for the moment, didn't he?

Then use it!

I can dig it.
Right on!

As anyone either for or against the Abrahamic Tradition should find this kind of self-opinionated bigotry lacking any substantial argument a waste of time, I suggest a move to the Lounge, or Media ... ?

I second that motion.

... and it wasn't even that funny.

Okay, yeah it was funny and all, but in a way a little pathetic too. What I mean is, atheism can become as dogmatic and unthinking as any religion.
Without a thoughtful, critical approach to what reality is all about no model can withstand the test of reason.
Quite frankly I agree with snoopy in not taking side with the religious or the atheist groups for stupidity can reign in both.

Okay, yeah it was funny and all, but in a way a little pathetic too. What I mean is, atheism can become as dogmatic and unthinking as any religion.
Without a thoughtful, critical approach to what reality is all about no model can withstand the test of reason.
Quite frankly I agree with snoopy in not taking side with the religious or the atheist groups for stupidity can reign in both.

Quite true. One must learn how to read with symbolism, to truly understand the nature of the scriptures. According to Micheal Tsarion, We as westerners (which most of this forum probably is), have such a psychological dismemberment, anything symbolic seems like fairy tale and nothing more.

This video is true on some notes, but you can take out religion, and other key words, and make this video just as true for other subjects.

Thomas

How can you say such a thing? It is but a tongue in cheek, brief and to the point summation of what religion is. It is full of truths, real and demonstrable truths and not the foundationless nonsense that religions pimp out like sad whores to the truth. It is the opposite of an exercise in ignorance, it is a piece of distilled logic. Though it is uncomfortably close to the bone for those bought into the nonsense of religion. Do you believe fairies inhabit the bottom of your garden?

NewDawn + Enlightenment

How can you say such a thing? It is but a tongue in cheek, brief and to the point summation of what religion is. It is full of truths, real and demonstrable truths and not the foundationless nonsense that religions pimp out like sad whores to the truth. It is the opposite of an exercise in ignorance, it is a piece of distilled logic. Though it is uncomfortably close to the bone for those bought into the nonsense of religion. Do you believe fairies inhabit the bottom of your garden?

(lol) .... WoW... all that huh? ... Those teens must be some real sages...

Well said.

Nothing makes religionists more ill at ease than the truth, huh?

pfft :rolleyes:

Pffft?

Is that the very best you can do?

Listen, if you want to go on believing in some magic man in the sky, and a Cosmic Jewish Zombiie, go right ahead.

:D

Pffft?

Is that the very best you can do?

Listen, if you want to go on believing in some magic man in the sky, and a Cosmic Jewish Zombiie, go right ahead.

:D

Best I can do?? against what??? As if you actually presented an argument... (lol)

Back