What's the difference of Judaism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bishadi

Does anyone know the differences of judaism, in regards to believing is messiah?

Not a political debate.

this is to find out if awaiting the messiah is important to judaism

here is an opinion so far

There is also a reference [to Moshiach] in the passage concerning Bilaam, who prophesies about the two anointed [kings]: the first anointed [king] [2], David, who saved Israel from her oppressors, and the final anointed [king] who will arise from among his descendants and save Israel [at the End of Days] [3]. The following [quoted] phrases are from that passage: [Bamidbar 24:17-18]
"I see it, but not now" - This refers to David; "I perceive it, but not in the near future" - This refers to King Moshiach.

"A star shall go forth from Yaakov" - This refers to David; "and a staff shall arise in Israel" - This refers to King Moshiach.

"He shall crush all of Moab's princes" - This refers to David, (as it is written [II Shmuel 8:2], "He smote Moab and measured them with a line"); "he shall break down all of Seth's descendants" - This refers to King Moshiach,

(about whom it is written [Zechariah 9:10], "He will rule from sea to sea").
"Edom will be demolished" - This refers to David, (as it is written [Cf. II Shmuel 8:6 and 8:14], "Edom became the servants of David"); "his enemy, Seir, will be destroyed" - This refers to Moshiach, (as it is written [Ovadiah 1:21], "Saviors will ascend Mount Zion [to judge the mountain of Esau....]").
2. Similarly, in regard to the cities of refuge, it is stated [Devarim 19:8-9], "When G-d will expand your borders... you shall add three more cities." This command has never been fulfilled. [Surely,] G-d did not give this command in vain, [and thus the intent was that it be fulfilled after the coming of Moshiach]. There is no need to cite prooftexts on the concept [of the Moshiach] from the words of the prophets, for all [their] books are filled with it.

3. One should not entertain the notion that the King Moshiach must work miracles and wonders, bring about new phenomena within the world, resurrect the dead, or perform other similar deeds. This is [definitely] not true.

dauer and i have already told you: yes, it's important.

Wow!

Both of you guys like to speak for others as if you really know what the other is thinking. That is probably why Dauer was talling me what i think on the other thread.

This thread was opened just to give others a chance when it seems you counter-part is a weeeee bit different than your mind reading capabilities.

In the previous thread, post 15 (i believe) suggests otherwise as well i can quote

"Er no, not at all. I'm an agnostic and reject messianism entirely."

SO BB, your not starting well in the credibility category.

Then to suggest this below is funny:
who and what the messiah or messianic age is,

not even a line on either thread covering anything to do with that line but i do not want to argue... "gee thanks BB for you quality of conveyance"

however, the subject of much controversy, debate and discussion.
seems that you 2 are not even capable of representing

perhaps others are a little more capable

Bishadi said:
Er no, not at all. I'm an agnostic and reject messianism entirely."

SO BB, your not starting well in the credibility category.
that was dauer. you do get confused, don't you?

not even a line on either thread covering anything to do with that line

this is to find out if awaiting the messiah is important to judaism
which is it?

honestly, i really don't know what you're on about half the time. you really need to learn english properly, this is just gibberish now.

b'shalom

bananabrain

that was dauer.
i know and you were trying to speak for him as to the importance of messiah...

he don't even believe in messiah, how could he acknowledge 'importance'?

You wrote as if you 'know' what HE thinks..... but yet can read what he writes.

is that a magical ability of judaism, to read the mind but not words?

Seem you have a tough time with comprehension on many fronts.

a "tough time with comprehension"? only with your english, mate. this is possibly the worst (as in "not good at") attempt at sarcasm i've ever seen. i'm really bored of you now, you are just wasting my time. if you're not interested in what jews think, don't ask us anything. in fact, if you're not interested in my opinion, then you will surely not be interested in knowing that it is, at present, that you would be far better off to go and stick your head up a duck's bottom.

b'shalom

bananabrain

a "tough time with comprehension"? only with your english, mate.

hey i am only a man....

but it wasn't me speaking for another, it was you and it was incorrect in both text and inclination

this is possibly the worst (as in "not good at") attempt at sarcasm i've ever seen. i'm really bored of you now, you are just wasting my time.
didn't ask you for any

if you're not interested in what jews think, don't ask us anything.
again, you represent you, not judaism

in fact, if you're not interested in my opinion, then you will surely not be interested in knowing that it is, at present, that you would be far better off to go and stick your head up a duck's bottom.
that is what is showing; your opinion is like having s'it on the brain.

Bishadi, you've already asked this question on another thread:
http://www.interfaith.org/forum/jewish-messiah-10663.html

You've been given a pretty good perspective from reform to orthodox and a comprehensive range of resources offered.

And yet despite asking for Jewish opinions and references - which you received - you dismiss *all* of this.

Whatever you are searching for, does not sound very rooted in Judaism if you cannot accept any Jewish historical writings as relevant viewpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back