The life of Morality

B

Bishadi

when observing morals and what morals are to society the ideals have merit

Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") has three principal meanings.
In its first, descriptive usage, morality means a code of conduct which is held to be authoritative in matters of right and wrong. Morals are created by and define society, philosophy, religion, or individual conscience. An example of the descriptive usage could be "common conceptions of morality have changed significantly over time."

So in a religious context, morals comes from what is said within the religious interpretation but to combine the 3 belief systems of Abraham, it seems to find the moral obligations that are equal to each could be forcused on 'manner, character and behavior" rather than the many tangents imposed by beliefs.

Can this thread be focused on the 'good' found within each belief, that is universal to all three beliefs?

Not to identify the 'beliefs' as being religiously required to be accepted but the unifying principles of morality that is equal between the species of mankind.

What could be taught to a young child that could enable that child to be at peace with each of the religions of Abraham?

For starters, the Golden Rule:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. This is the law: all the rest is commentary." Talmud, Shabbat 31a.

"None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself." Number 13 of Imam "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

Perhaps that's even enough.

For starters, the Golden Rule:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. This is the law: all the rest is commentary." Talmud, Shabbat 31a.

"None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself." Number 13 of Imam "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

Perhaps that's even enough.

makes sense

The ethic of reciprocity (also known as the Golden Rule) is an ethical code that states one has a right to just treatment, and a responsibility to ensure justice for others. Reciprocity is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, though it has its critics.[1]
A key element of the golden rule is that a person attempting to live by this rule treats all people, not just members of his or her in-group, with consideration. The golden rule has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard which different cultures use to resolve conflicts.[2] Principal philosophers and religious figures have stated it in different ways.

as shared even before the religions

The Golden Rule was a common principle in ancient Greek philosophy. A few examples:
"Do not to your neighbor what you would take ill from him." (Pittacus)[3] "Avoid doing what you would blame others for doing." (Thales)[4] "What you wish your neighbors to be to you, such be also to them." (Sextus the Pythagorean)[5] "Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." (Isocrates)[6] "What thou avoidest suffering thyself seek not to impose on others." (Epictetus)[7] "It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly (agreeing 'neither to harm nor be harmed'[8]), and it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life."
Even like confucius shared the same good point. !

“Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”
Confucius, Analects XV.24 (tr. David Hinton

thank :) as that was a great start​

So in a religious context, morals comes from what is said within the religious interpretation but to combine the 3 belief systems of Abraham, it seems to find the moral obligations that are equal to each could be forcused on 'manner, character and behavior" rather than the many tangents imposed by beliefs.

What could be taught to a young child that could enable that child to be at peace with each of the religions of Abraham?
for more: http://www.interfaith.org/forum/the-golden-rule-4558.html

and then of course new and old testament, love your neighbor as yourself.

I love the pillar of Islam regarding almsgiving/charity. Someone will correct me if I have it wrong, but as I understand it. 2% of your savings once a year...and then the second half, where does charity begin. At home, first help your immediate family get off their feet so their 2% can grow, and then your extended family, and then your neighbors/community and then your state/country and then the world at large. The concept being you can more directly affect the lives around you and benefit them, the more they will be able to save and do the same and the more all of you will have to help the world...I like it.

The prophet Muhammed peace be upon him said that All the creation (be it human beings, animals, plants, nature...) is God's creatures, and the best among you in the eyes of God is the one who does best to His creatures.

:)

Its up to us as [eventual] parents to demand such education in the school system then maybe we'll get somewhere somehow.

In Scotland many Christians provide a tithe 10% to a charity case. And Jews have always sent a percentage to Israel no?

I am personally worried about where some of the money some Muslims give where does it actually go? Presumably to a reputable source known by the sender. I received pamphlets [asking for religious info] to an Islamic organisation who suggested l donate, and was later told they might have terrorist associations.
sorry for going off topic there.

Teach your child to be fearless explorers.

The lessons are out there.

Go find them.

Teach your child to be fearless explorers.

The lessons are out there.

Go find them.

What about leaving the trail of crumbs, so the failed paths can be avoided?

Isn't that was giving the child your tool belt is all about? Isn't is best to share the knowledge learned so the progression of your children can exceed your evolution?

Its up to us as [eventual] parents to demand such education in the school system then maybe we'll get somewhere somehow.

I like that........"demand"................. now you talking like 'we the people.'

Stand up and be heard!

In Scotland many Christians provide a tithe 10% to a charity case. And Jews have always sent a percentage to Israel no?

Money don't buy you a better seat, when told by a religious entity to funel into their system. (ie... what happens when the people find, that 'faith' was not the right path? bet a bunch who gave 10% over a lifetime are not going to be happy).... Just as folk are not going to be happy to find that megiddo could be the mount of jeruselem.

I am personally worried about where some of the money some Muslims give where does it actually go? Presumably to a reputable source known by the sender. I received pamphlets [asking for religious info] to an Islamic organisation who suggested l donate, and was later told they might have terrorist associations.
sorry for going off topic there.
Believe nothing of the idea that Islam is a terrorist religion. That created idea alone is a corrupt representation by the 'other' team. Just as time of the inquisitions any who denouced jesus as christ were considered satanic.

Don't believe all you read from biased sources.

As well this thread is for the combining GOOD of each of the 3.

We have a golden rule which does allow all three to have a solid foundation that can be equally observed.

Do unto others as you wish done unto you.

I personally like the 'thou shall not lie.' (not even for God; as there is no Good born from lying, even to your enemy)

Back