a short thought

Discussion in 'Ancient History and Mythology' started by shawn, Apr 2, 2009.

1. shawn

shawn New Member

This is a thought I had a while back having to do with the pyramids and other ancient stone monuments worldwide.
    The general theory is that the people who built these amazing structures were said to have used bronze tools, as they were built allegedly during the bronze age in many cases.
    Some of the stones are extremely hard.
    Now I work with stone for a living and I use steel chisels.
    These modern and very hard steel tools work well until they dull.
    I have taken bronze and copper and tried to chip away at stone and you know, that doesn't work very well.
    The tools blunt and bend and leave a nice bronze metallic smear, yet when you look at the pictures of these ancient stones not a bronze smear in sight, even when they pull the stones apart.
    Plus they would have needed mountains of these chisels to do anything and yet very few are found and they would have had sharpening stations to keep them useful which would have left piles of shavings and bronze dust even if they were very careful and cleaned the areas well.
    Any ideas on whats up with that?

2. nativeastral

nativeastral fluffy future

clever atlanteans with lost forgotten diamond crystal technology?

3. shawn

shawn New Member

The thing is, cheekiness aside :))) is that such lack of evidence shoots the current theories all to hell.
    I am not a university trained archeologist and I can see this from afar.
    These people are right there with microscopes and they still come up with these ideas.
    Bronze chisels.
    Snort.
    I doubt they have ever tried to shape a piece of basalt or granite.

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

5. shawn

shawn New Member

Possible, but then there would be dumps of waste of these "harder" stones + chips of the same all over the place that would have been found in large quantities.
    Add to the puzzle the fact that as the Egyptian culture matured, their building skills seemed to get worse.
    Kind of what you would expect if there was some catastrophe and the knowledgeable and tooled up ones were first and were the template which was copied and as it was copied through the centuries, bits and pieces were gradually lost.

6. Nick_A

Nick_A Interfaith Forums

My guess is an ability to harness a quality of energy, like lasers for example, in a way we know nothing about. The stones on the Great Pyramid fit too well together for anything else IMO. This same energy could also be used to move heavy stones. The only one I know of that learned of how this was done was the builder of Coral Castle. It is there but we just don't know how.

Coral Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. juantoo3

juantoo3 ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb

Great minds think alike? I wondered on this same matter earlier, and didn't reach any decent conclusions...

There are a couple of pages of responses, I hope you enjoy reading!