Happy Aries full moon, announcing Easter

Nick the Pilot

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

The moon is now quite full, annnouncing the arrival of Easter. Many people do not know how the date of Easter is decided, so I thought I would share it. In western (non-Orthodox) Christianity, Easter is the first Sunday, after the first full moon, after the first day of the astrological month of Aries.

I find it fascinating that the date of Easter is astrologically determined. I remember the time when a fundamentalist Christian told me that the 12 astrological signs are the signs of the devil. I said nothing, but laughed to myself how this person was insulting astrology, when astrology determines the date of one of their biggest holidays.

No, it is astrologically determined.

How is the date of Passover determined? Is it also astrologically determined? Do both dates use the same method of determination?

Hi everybody!

I took a look a that webpage. Passover is detemined by the lunar calendar, which is astrological. As we all know, the lunar calendar progresses quite rapidly, so the first day of the year must be adjusted often. The question is, is the first day of the lunar year adjusted according to the first day of Aries? I suspect it is, further establishing the astrological connection to Easter and Passover.

Hi everybody!

I took a look a that webpage. Passover is detemined by the lunar calendar, which is astrological. As we all know, the lunar calendar progresses quite rapidly, so the first day of the year must be adjusted often. The question is, is the first day of the lunar year adjusted according to the first day of Aries? I suspect it is, further establishing the astrological connection to Easter and Passover.

As a broad shouldered, long nosed, Aries male, I love this moon. :)

"As a broad shouldered, long nosed, Aries male, I love this moon."

laughing.gif

Back