Understanding the Relative from the Absolute

Azure24

Reaction score
Hi all, I reckon it was best I post this here instead of in the Christian forum (I no longer post there), as it is a universal subject. Though there are subjects in the Bible...

Who here does not believe God is responsible for the way the world is today?

God is responsible for everything!! Mankind is only accountable...

This therefore excludes freewill...

You see, what I am trying to say is if we are to become children of God, we must realise that we NO ONE can become children of God...

Contradiction? Does God's word contradict? Of course it doesn't...

This is why we must understand the relative from the absolute.

The Scriptures are filled with the relative vs the absolute...

To seek God (relative)...

"... seek, and ye shall find ..."
(Matt. 7:7)

we have to realise that we are not seeking God (Absolute)...

"Not one is seeking out God" (Rom. 3:11)

The relative is man's point of view, while the absolute is God's...

Here, again...

Relative "God changed His mind" (Ex. 32:14)

Absolute "God is not a man Who changes His mind" (I Sam. 15:29)

again...

Relative "...choose you this day whom ye will serve." (Josh. 24:15)

Absolute "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..." (Jn. 15:16)

again...

Relative "...whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God..." (I Jn 3:10)

Absolute "All is of God" (II Cor.5:18)

and again...

Relative "Zechariah was just before God" (Lk. 1:5)
(comparing him to the corrupt priests)

Absolute
"Not one is just" (Rom. 3:15)
(Comparing him with God)

Both Scriptures are true. The relative is true and the absolute is true. They do not contradict. However, one really is relative while the other is absolute

We all must know that we oursleves do nothing, it is only God that is responsible...

Why don't you post in the Christianity forum anymore? 70% of your scripture references above are from the New Testament.

But let's break down your contentions. In the first place, you've taken many of your scriptures totally out of context.

Azure24 said:
To seek God (relative)...

"... seek, and ye shall find ..."
(Matt. 7:7)

we have to realise that we are not seeking God (Absolute)...

"Not one is seeking out God" (Rom. 3:11)

The first quote from Matthew 7 is an exhortation from Christ to His disciples deals basically with prayer to God. that God won't give you a snake if you ask for bread. In other words, God will give you good things according to His will. But I don't see how you view this as a relative statement.

The second quote from Romans 3:11 is actually taken from Psalm 14, which talks about those who say there is no God. Obviously if one doesn't believe in God, then they will not be seeking Him.

So you are talking apples and oranges here.

Here, again...

Relative "God changed His mind" (Ex. 32:14)

Absolute "God is not a man Who changes His mind" (I Sam. 15:29)

again...

The first quote, God repented because of Moses intervention, who was successful because we are reminded of God's previous promise to Israel in vs. 11-13. But in fact, God did carry out judgement on those who instigated the making of the Golden Calf, about 3,000 of them. So He certainly didn't repent for those folks. And He further drove His point home on the seriousness of matter by allowing a plague to hit Israel.

As far as the second quote, God will not repent about this incident, that is the disobedience of Saul, for he is the king of Israel. He didn't follow God's instructions, and therefore God holds Saul to the greatest accountability, similar to what He told Moses in not going to the Promised Land.

again...

Relative "...choose you this day whom ye will serve." (Josh. 24:15)

Absolute "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you..." (Jn. 15:16)

again...

Read the context, please.

The first is a general statement from Joshua to the people of Israel to choose to follow God.

The second is a specific statement from Jesus to His disciples, whom He indeed call out for a specific purpose.

again...

Relative "...whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God..." (I Jn 3:10)

Absolute "All is of God" (II Cor.5:18)

and again...

The first quote is one of character. One who does righteousness is righteous. Righteousness is from God.

The second quote pertains to all of creation, when one day God will create all things new.

and again...

Relative "Zechariah was just before God" (Lk. 1:5)
(comparing him to the corrupt priests)

Absolute
"Not one is just" (Rom. 3:15)
(Comparing him with God)

First quote, OK, Zechariah was just before God. He kept the law. He was blameless in that he had the right attitude toward the law.

Second quote, I assume you meant Romans 3:10, which is another quote from Psalm 14 concerning those who do not believe in God cannot be good, since they deny the first 4 or 5 commandments.

So I don't see this as an issue between relative and absolute, just a quick reflexive reaction to what you erroneously believe the scriptures to say.

I believe G!d is.

but not G!d is responsible.

In other words your saying mankind is responsible. Right?

Find me one verse in scripture that says man is responsible.

All I see is:

"But I tell you that men will have to give ACCOUNT on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken." (Matt. 12:36)

"Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to
ACCOUNT for his wickedness that would not be found out." (Psa. 10:15)

"Now I am saying to you that, for every idle declaration which men shall be speaking they shall be rendering an ACCOUNT concerning it in the day of judging"
(Matt. 12:36).

"For all of us shall be presented at the dais of God ... Consequently then, each of us shall be giving ACCOUNT concerning himself to God"(Rom. 14:11-12)

Accountablilty is not the same as responsibilty.

Why don't you post in the Christianity forum anymore? 70% of your scripture references above are from the New Testament.

I did say...

as it is a universal subject. Though there are subjects in the Bible...

I myself am not a Christian, but I do often refer to the Bible. And besides, this is a universal section.

The first quote from Matthew 7 is an exhortation from Christ to His disciples deals basically with prayer to God. that God won't give you a snake if you ask for bread. In other words, God will give you good things according to His will. But I don't see how you view this as a relative statement.

I know this is referring to prayer, which makes it relevant...

Of course, if one asks for bread he will get bread...Do you know why?
Because God is the reason why he asked for it in the first place.

Jesus does also say...

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

Are you then also saying God will throw pearls to pigs? God ALREADY knows the righteous from the unrighteous...

Jesus also goes on to say this...

"If you, then, THOUGH YOU ARE EVIL, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Note they are also evil...Becuase all men are naturally evil...

The second quote from Romans 3:11 is actually taken from Psalm 14, which talks about those who say there is no God. Obviously if one doesn't believe in God, then they will not be seeking Him.

Dondi, you have missed the point. Notice this in Psalm 14:

"The fool says in his HEART"

Everyman has a HEART which is evil...

"For the creature [and/or creation itself] was MADE subject to VANITY NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [that’s God] Who HATH SUBJECTED the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION groans and travails IN PAIN until NOW" (Rom. 8:20-22)!

as for the heart...

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies" (Mat. 15:19).

Dondi, the Ten Commandments God gave man were carnal...

According to the sons of man, Eve sinned in the garden AFTER she ate the fruit. (relative)

According to God, Eve sinned long BEFORE she even ate the fruit.(Absolute)

Commanment No. 7.

Thou shall not commit adultery.

This is a commandment for the sons of man.

Christ, however (the son of God, not man) raised the bar...

The commandments God gave Him were commandments to be followed by the sons of God...

Notice, Jesus says:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever LOOKS[not the action itself but the looking] on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her ARLREADY in his HEART" (Matt. 5:28).

The action BEFORE eating the fruit made her a sinner. Eve's heart was ALREADY evil...

Notice it: "And when the woman saw [in her heart] that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eye [in her heart], and a tree to be desired [in her heart] to make one wise [an idol of the heart], she took [’For out of the heart proceed ... thefts...’] of the fruit thereof, and did eat" (Gen. 3:6).

Notice only AFTER it mentions her sinful actions it says "...and did eat"

Look carfully...

"And when the woman saw that the tree was GOOD FOR FOOD
(Gen. 3:6)

1. "…lust of the FLESH…" (I John 2:15)

"and that it was PLEASANT TO THE EYES…"

(Gen. 3:6)2. "…lust of the EYES…" (I John 2:15)

"and a tree to be DESIRED TO MAKE ONE WISE"
(Gen. 3:6)
3. "…the PRIDE OF LIFE" (I John 2:15)

So you are talking apples and oranges here.

and

...Psalm 14, which talks about those who say there is no God. Obviously if one doesn't believe in God, then they will not be seeking Him.

Dondi, Jesus did not talk apples and oranges, look at Psalm 14 again.

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good." (Psa. 14:1)

Dondi, are you calling Jesus an Atheist??

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? NONE IS GOOD, save one, that is, God." (Lk.18:19)

The first quote, God repented because of Moses intervention, who was successful because we are reminded of God's previous promise to Israel in vs. 11-13. But in fact, God did carry out judgement on those who instigated the making of the Golden Calf, about 3,000 of them. So He certainly didn't repent for those folks. And He further drove His point home on the seriousness of matter by allowing a plague to hit Israel.

That statement was unnescessary, God repented but ONLY from man's point of view...

As far as the second quote, God will not repent about this incident, that is the disobedience of Saul, for he is the king of Israel. He didn't follow God's instructions, and therefore God holds Saul to the greatest accountability, similar to what He told Moses in not going to the Promised Land.

Dondi, know this God does not repent, God is not a MAN!!

"For I am the LORD, I CHANGE NOT" (Mal.3:6)

"Jesus Christ the SAME yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Heb. 13:8)

Notice this:

"…that in the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES every word may be established" (Matt. 18:16).

and

"…In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (II Cor. 13:1).

and even...

"Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; COMPARING [or ‘matching’] SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 2:13).

Read the context, please.

Context, context, context....Religion is the god of context!!

How can one find two or three witnesses or Spiritual matches if everything is taken into context!!

CONTEXT is a man's teachings...Where does it say the scriptures can only be read in context!!!!

Why do religous leaders ask us to read in context!!??!! So they can fill us with lies!!

Once you begin to see universal truths the entire Bible itself becomes a Parable...

Dondi, do not follow the traditions of men, to theologians and ministers, context is the god of interpretation. Something is true ONLY in the context in which it is found. To them there are no universal truths, only contextual truths. "GOD IS LOVE" they say, but ONLY in the context of I John 4:8 in which this statement is found. How foolish.

The second is a specific statement from Jesus to His disciples, whom He indeed call out for a specific purpose.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that [‘that faith’] not of yourselves [NOT of your own faith or will] it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:8-10).

Only in context you think?

"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, [truly, truly—what Jesus is about to say is the Gospel Truth!] I say unto you, THE SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF…" (John 5:19).

Only in context right?

"No man CAN come to Me, except the Father which has sent Me DRAW [Gk: ‘drag’] HIM: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:44)

Just in the context, you say...

...Righteousness is from God.

My point exactly...

First quote, OK, Zechariah was just before God. He kept the law. He was blameless in that he had the right attitude toward the law.

...and this was not because of God you say...?

So I don't see this as an issue between relative and absolute, just a quick reflexive reaction to what you erroneously believe the scriptures to say.

If things are only looked at in context, this will ultimately lead to interpretations.

"God [is] SPIRIT" (John 4:24).

But only in context right? Ridiculous!!

This is why I don't post in the Christian forum!! Like I said earlier in the post how can one find a witness or a spiritual match if everything is looked at in context!!

And believe me I can find two or three witnesses for EVERY point I just mentioned!!!

Christians believe in Hell, and that God will only save a few, not all of humanity and they have NO PROOF AT ALL in the Scriptures. Do you know what is part to blame for this??

Looking at everything in context!!

If one was to instead look for universal truths (which, what I stated really is) then one would see connections in the Bible that one never thought possible!! And if you do not believe, I will show it to you!!

I would like to support your scriptures, Azure24, from others from the Quran that support the idea that it is all done by God's Will, and nothin AT ALL goes against God will.

God says:

[81:29] Whatever you will is in accordance with the will of GOD, Lord of the universe.

[76:30] Whatever you will is in accordance with GOD's will. GOD is Omniscient, Wise.

[18:23] You shall not say that you will do anything in the future,
[18:24] without saying, "GOD willing." If you forget to do this, you must immediately remember your Lord and say, "May my Lord guide me to do better next time."

The wisdom is that a believr should never see hismself/herself an independent being that works in separation of God. It is God who gives, and it is Him who takes..

Just look at the story of those who attribute their wealth and prosperity to themselves and forget about God who really wills that for them.

The first story is about the owner of the garden:

[18:35] When he entered his garden, he wronged his soul by saying, "I do not think that this will ever end.
[18:36] "Moreover, I think this is it; I do not think that the Hour (the Hereafter) will ever come to pass. Even if I am returned to my Lord, I will (be clever enough to) possess an even better one over there."
[18:37] His friend said to him, as he debated with him, "Have you disbelieved in the One who created you from dust, then from a tiny drop, then perfected you into a man?[18:38] "As for me, GOD is my Lord, and I will never set up any other god besides my Lord

[18:39] "When you entered your garden, you should have said, `This is what GOD has given me (Maa Shaa Allah). No one possesses power except GOD (La Quwwata Ellaa Bellaah).' You may see that I possess less money and less children than you.
[18:40] "My Lord may grant me better than your garden. He may send a violent storm from the sky that wipes out your garden, leaving it completely barren.
[18:41] "Or, its water may sink deeper, out of your reach."
[18:42] Indeed, his crops were wiped out, and he ended up sorrowful, lamenting what he had spent on it in vain, as his property lay barren. He finally said, "I wish I never set up my property as a god beside my Lord."
[18:43] No force on earth could have helped him against GOD, nor was it possible for him to receive any help.[18:44] That is because the only true Lord and master is GOD; He provides the best recompense, and with Him is the best destiny.

The second story is that of Qaroon:

[28:76] Qaaroon (the slave driver) was one of Moses' people who betrayed them and oppressed them. We gave him so many treasures that the keys thereof were almost too heavy for the strongest hand. His people said to him, "Do not be so arrogant; GOD does not love those who are arrogant.
[28:77] "Use the provisions bestowed upon you by GOD to seek the abode of the Hereafter, without neglecting your share in this world. Be charitable, as GOD has been charitable towards you. Do not keep on corrupting the earth. GOD does not love the corruptors."
[28:78] He said, "I attained all this because of my own cleverness." Did he not realize that GOD had annihilated before him generations that were much stronger than he, and greater in number? The (annihilated) transgressors were not asked about their crimes. [28:79] One day, he came out to his people in full splendor. Those who preferred this worldly life said, "Oh, we wish that we possessed what Qaaroon has attained. Indeed, he is very fortunate."
[28:80] As for those who were blessed with knowledge, they said, "Woe to you, GOD's recompense is far better for those who believe and lead a righteous life." None attains this except the steadfast.

[28:81] We then caused the earth to swallow him and his mansion. No army could have helped him against GOD; he was not destined to be a winner. [28:82] Those who were envious of him the day before said, "Now we realize that GOD is the One who provides for whomever He chooses from among His servants, and withholds. If it were not for GOD's grace towards us, He could have caused the earth to swallow us too. We now realize that the disbelievers never succeed."

A true believer should see God's in everything and be with Him in everything. It is all from God, and nothing comes without His Will. A true believer should always be aware of that, and read the wisdom behind what he/she is given/taken...

Yet, it is His will to give us a limited space of will. God says:

[18:29] Proclaim: "This is the truth from your Lord," then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve.

Yet this will never ever get out of God's Will. God's will is always done and can never be undone...Just be with Him..live with Him...strive for that and you will His Will in everything...

Back