Climax Social Evolution Theory

holysmoke

Reaction score
A new theory of how social change comes about is contained in the Climax Social Evolution Theory discovered by this author in 1975. This theory gives an intellectual tool for understanding how change happens in human societies and more importantly, where these changes are leading humanity.

A new theory of how social change comes about is contained in the Climax Social Evolution Theory discovered by this author in 1975. This theory gives an intellectual tool for understanding how change happens in human societies and more importantly, where these changes are leading humanity.

Well if his theory is based on climax equilibrium it is bound to fail. There is no such thing as equilibrium, it is always in flux. Because the competitive drives within a species, as we see in man, drive us to unsustainable exploitation of resources. This is not confined to man but is seen across the board in nature. Think plagues of locusts, mice, jellyfish and more. If mankind has a future it will be in recognising the limitations and pitfalls of natural evolution and conciously seeking to overcome them. Such social engineering is barely being discussed. And religious diversity and the intransigence of belief is amongst the most profound of handicaps to such changes.

Well if his theory is based on climax equilibrium it is bound to fail. There is no such thing as equilibrium, it is always in flux. Because the competitive drives within a species, as we see in man, drive us to unsustainable exploitation of resources. This is not confined to man but is seen across the board in nature. Think plagues of locusts, mice, jellyfish and more. If mankind has a future it will be in recognising the limitations and pitfalls of natural evolution and conciously seeking to overcome them. Such social engineering is barely being discussed. And religious diversity and the intransigence of belief is amongst the most profound of handicaps to such changes.

All climax systems are in flux. That's why they evolve over time. If they reached a permanent stability they wouldn't evolve but each natural climax community is subject to overthrow, e.g. the old growth forests wiped out by fire or a whole species wiped by a volcanic eruption. The main point of the Climax Social Evolution Theory is that there is an inherent tendency for each species, for life itself to want to establish a secure environment permanently which has evolved the climax succession pattern. By consciously knowing this inherent tendency operating even in human societies we as a species can direct it towards accomplishing its goal of establishing stable and self-perpetuating communities of human beings living in cooperation with the natural communities of life. In other words, it's an intellectual tool for organizing societies into peaceful and productive communities living in harmony by recognizing the need for each community to be uniquely adapted to its local environment yet still in cooperative synch with other communities adapting to their localities.

All climax systems are in flux.
EVERYTHING is in flux.
there is an inherent tendency for each species, for life itself to want to establish a secure environment permanently which has evolved the climax succession pattern.
Yeh really? Demonstrate this "wants to establish".

Found this on the web page:

[FONT=book antiqua, times new roman, times]"Climax Consciousness is nothing if not full of wholes.[/FONT]"
... is that supposed 2 be "holes" ??

anyway, this sounds much like the whole Venus Project thing...

EVERYTHING is in flux.
Yeh really? Demonstrate this "wants to establish".

Learn about the climax succession pattern to see how plant and animal communities "want" to establish secure environments. "Wants" is just a shorthand way of describing the inherent tendency of species to adapt to their environments through trial and error forms of morphology and behavioral patterns until a stable form and appropriate response behavior is established as a normative event for the species or community of species.

Found this on the web page:

... is that supposed 2 be "holes" ??

anyway, this sounds much like the whole Venus Project thing...

It was a pun and now you want to punish me for using it. Waaaaa :(:mad:

I looked up the Venus Project, never heard of it before. Climax Social Evolution Theory would predict social changes until each social unit establishes a form that is stable and capable of self-perpetuation, i.e. sustainability. The theory also predicts each locality will come up with its own unique ways to arriving at a stable and self-perpetuating form while that Venus Project looks like it wants to create a universal social technological form although I don't know enough about it to say so for sure.

It was a pun and now you want to punish me for using it. Waaaaa :(:mad:

:eek:

I looked up the Venus Project, never heard of it before. Climax Social Evolution Theory would predict social changes until each social unit establishes a form that is stable and capable of self-perpetuation, i.e. sustainability. The theory also predicts each locality will come up with its own unique ways to arriving at a stable and self-perpetuating form while that Venus Project looks like it wants to create a universal social technological form although I don't know enough about it to say so for sure.
Point being: they are both utopian visions of the future that "predict" a stable and ideal civillization. Your theory focuses on cultural development, while the Venus project "predicts" such a development will be made possible via utilizing technology. The final "vision" being the same.

:eek:

Point being: they are both utopian visions of the future that "predict" a stable and ideal civillization. Your theory focuses on cultural development, while the Venus project "predicts" such a development will be made possible via utilizing technology. The final "vision" being the same.

No, you miss my point that Climax Social Evolution Theory predicts each human community arriving at a sustainable social form that best "fits" its specific locality, hence creating possibility for fairly diverse social forms. For example CSET would be completely compatible with a Borneo rain forest tribe practicing its ancient tribal ways as a Climax lifestyle in the inaccessible mountains while downstream citizens have cars and tvs and "regular" jobs in their communities restructured to climax stability forms.

No, you miss my point...

err... are you sure, cuz this is what you said:

Climax Social Evolution Theory predicts each human community arriving at a sustainable social form that best "fits" its specific locality,
And this is what I said:

(a) utopian vision(s) of the future that "predicts" a stable and ideal (human) civillization.
... you're theory is Utopian, is it not? (... like the Venus project)

err... are you sure, cuz this is what you said:

And this is what I said:

... you're theory is Utopian, is it not? (... like the Venus project)

No, it's not. You don't seem to understand the climax concept. It's INEVITABLE social change because it is based on a biological succession pattern that underlies the historical changes in human society. It's not a human concept but a pattern of nature that once identified by social science will become a conscious human aim because it describes what human societies must do and will do in order to survive and prosper in the future.

No, it's not. You don't seem to understand the climax concept. It's INEVITABLE social change because it is based on a biological succession pattern that underlies the historical changes in human society. It's not a human concept but a pattern of nature that once identified by social science will become a conscious human aim because it describes what human societies must do and will do in order to survive and prosper in the future.

That is your assertion. Its not "inevitable".

Your theory is not the only one which posits this conclusion. Do you have any idea how many other such theories exist? Some are based on astrology, others are based on technology, yet others are based on prophecy. They are all utopian visions of the future which try and show how its "inevitable"...

I guess we will find out.

social + biological + historical + nature = human:confused:

That is your assertion. Its not "inevitable".

Your theory is not the only one which posits this conclusion. Do you have any idea how many other such theories exist? Some are based on astrology, others are based on technology, yet others are based on prophecy. They are all utopian visions of the future which try and show how its "inevitable"...

I guess we will find out.

We do not need a prophecy we need a plan.

I hope the age of belief in prophets IS seen as naive and simple-minded and a historical curiosity.

Back