Water filters

Carbon prefilter.
Reverse osmosis.
Glass bottles.
I would love a whole house system, but the costs are at present prohibitive.
I like hot baths, but fluoride is not a nice bath salt of choice, it is administered to me under duress.

Glass bottles.

I like hot baths, but fluoride is not a nice bath salt of choice, it is administered to me under duress.
What do you think of Nalgene bottles?

Study of Chemical in Plastic Bottles Raises Alarm - US News and World Report

and it would take longer to fill the tub and you'd lose some hot water, interesting it doesn't mention flouride...

April Shower Bodyspa Oxygenics Handheld with In-line Filtration inspired by nature
http://health.usnews.com/articles/h...chemical-in-plastic-bottles-raises-alarm.html

I use a Brita pitcher. We have pretty clean water here in Colorado but I love the taste of chlorine free water.
When BPA became an issue we began a search for good water bottles. Nalgene does make a BPA free product now I understand.

I use a Brita pitcher. We have pretty clean water here in Colorado but I love the taste of chlorine free water.
When BPA became an issue we began a search for good water bottles. Nalgene does make a BPA free product now I understand.
What is the Brita pitcher and filter made of?

Water problem in the west is giardia and the plague yes?

I have no idea, just fill up a jug that has a filter in it.

but I have no idea how it works.

Same as glory no freaking idea, and don't care... I turn on the tap water comes out... That is all I care about it... lol

My dogs have a fountain to drink from that is carbon filtered. But that is mainly to stop hair and crap getting in the water... And carbon is obviously good for a carbon based life form.

Hi wil

I’ve gone through the links provided, cool stuff.

A whole house filter can be a bit harder to choose. For most city water, a simple whole house carbon filter may be more than enough. However, some people who have well water may find that they need a specialty water filter that can remove iron from the water, or need hydrogen sulfide removal etc.

Hello,

I purchase distilled water

It is safest and I make sure to eat mineral rich foods, so the lack of minerals in Distilled is not an issue for me

An old idea that is really low tech is a solar still and it will remove all the bad.
But then one needs to re-mineralize it.
You can google how to build one, they are dead easy to do and if you have sunshine, you can make water clean.

Back