why cant i ignore moderators ?

GlorytoGod

There is a River
Reaction score

I cant add moderators to my ignore list why ?

I want to :eek:

The moderators know that deep down you actually don't want to ignore them. It is a matter beyond words.

GlorytoGod,

I understand exactly how you feel. I have been treated horribly by the moderators of this Forum. The fact that they try to force us to read their posts (and the fact that they are monitors in the first place) really keeps this Forum from being a first-rate Forum.

Just do what I do. Read the posts from people who are reasonable, and spot and refuse to read posts from unreasonable moderators. They think they can force us to read their unreasonable posts, but they cannot. It serves no purpose, so I guess it is nothing more than a power trip.

Lol! No one is forcing anyone to read posts - it's somewhat dramatic to suggest so. :)

However, moderators volunteer their time to help keep the community running smoothly, and the theory is that sometimes a moderator will try and post a "cool it" message in a thread. In which case, it would not be good policy to allow such notices to be easily ignored. :)

As I've said before, if anyone has any issues with any moderators here, they are welcome to raise the issue with me. Being a moderator is a responsibility, and does not offer any right to mistreat members of the community.

Of course, some people will always complain that the forum should be run a certain way - usually their way - but I would hope that people who raise issues with me do not find my decisions entirely unreasonable.

Brian,

I raised these issues with you a long time ago, and I was fully and unfairly rebuffed at that time. I await a change to the response you gave me at that time.

"Being a moderator is a responsibility, and does not offer any right to mistreat members of the community."

--> This does not agree with what you told me a long time ago.

I fully understand that being a moderator, and especially your job as Admin, is sometimes a thankless job. Many of us, myself included, appreciate the time and effort you put out in order to run this Forum.

I raised these issues with you a long time ago, and I was fully and unfairly rebuffed at that time. I await a change to the response you gave me at that time.

"Being a moderator is a responsibility, and does not offer any right to mistreat members of the community."

--> This does not agree with what you told me a long time ago.

Sounds familiar & I have been down that road & wont be going down it again. Liked feedback gets praised & accepted while unliked feedback gets rejected with a pacifier. If you are awaiting any of This&That to change, it isn't going to.

I cant add moderators to my ignore list why ?​

I want to :eek:

the ignore feature does not work well anyway, so it would be pointless to do that with anyone. you have to be logged in for it to work and this forum logs you out as much as it logs you in.

Just scroll real fast by the ones you don't like to read.

Addendum to my post above:

Brian, it is not a question of being dramatic, it is a question of making this Forum a more pleasant place to visit. Every Forum has its obnoxious members, and I am allowed to visit other Forums without having to manually filter out posts from obnoxious members. I am not allowed to do that at this Forum.

This Forum will never be a top-notch Forum until we are allowed to automatically filter out posts from obnoxious members.

Bandit,

I do not have the problem of being automatically being logged out. I am sorry to hear you have that problem. Also, the Ignore feature works wonderfully for me at this Forum (for those members I am allowed to Ignore).

Bandit,

I do not have the problem of being automatically being logged out. I am sorry to hear you have that problem. Also, the Ignore feature works wonderfully for me at this Forum (for those members I am allowed to Ignore).

I used ignore a couple of times for short periods. Always makes me feel like an ostrich with its ass in the air though.

Lol! No one is forcing anyone to read posts - it's somewhat dramatic to suggest so. :)

However, moderators volunteer their time to help keep the community running smoothly, and the theory is that sometimes a moderator will try and post a "cool it" message in a thread. In which case, it would not be good policy to allow such notices to be easily ignored. :)

As I've said before, if anyone has any issues with any moderators here, they are welcome to raise the issue with me. Being a moderator is a responsibility, and does not offer any right to mistreat members of the community.

Of course, some people will always complain that the forum should be run a certain way - usually their way - but I would hope that people who raise issues with me do not find my decisions entirely unreasonable.

Might I suggest separate accounts for moderation ?

That way moderators could debate as equals with ordinary members i.e having no special privileges. I am not happy that I am able to ignore some obnoxious forum members but not others :eek:

Might I suggest separate accounts for moderation ?

That way moderators could debate as equals with ordinary members i.e having no special privileges. I am not happy that I am able to ignore some obnoxious forum members but not others :eek:

Why don't the moderators just ignore the offending posts and just mind their own business?:eek:

It's not dereliction of duty. It's respect for others.:D

That way moderators could debate as equals with ordinary members

Some of them do and some of them don't. You just have to learn which ones to ignore on your own.

It's respect for others.:D

What you end up with is billions of definitions & dogmas of respect & no one will agree. Respect & religion have never mixed well but religion and war make a perfect pair.

Did somebody say something?

s.

Yes. But it can be ignored & made a joke out of like all other feedback:D

Back