Movie site - IMDB

R

Ramaraksha

Does anyone think IMDB is christian biased? I find that when I protest the depiction of Hinduism they get censored, ie not posted. For example I posted my view of the new move - slumdog millionaire. I protested the depiction of my God Rama shown in a threatening gesture. A lot of people have done a lot of evil things in the name of religion - the pedophile priests, pastors leading the rwandan massacre. Good luck seeing Christ shown as evil when seeing movies on these topics. But when it comes to Hindu-muslim clashes, these bigots have no problem showing my God in an evil way. And when we protest, that too is censored.

Is there any way to depict Jesus as evil with any credence? The worst things he did was to curse the fig tree to bear no more fruit and to drive the money changers out of the temple with a whip.

A lot of people have done a lot of evil things in the name of religion - the pedophile priests, pastors leading the rwandan massacre. Good luck seeing Christ shown as evil when seeing movies on these topics.
The pedophile priests and company are not Jesus.
But when it comes to Hindu-muslim clashes, these bigots have no problem showing my God in an evil way. And when we protest, that too is censored.
I really don't believe in censorship. I believe in freedom of speech and the refutation of bad arguments, rather than silencing opposition.

Does anyone think IMDB is christian biased? I find that when I protest the depiction of Hinduism they get censored, ie not posted. For example I posted my view of the new move - slumdog millionaire. I protested the depiction of my God Rama shown in a threatening gesture. A lot of people have done a lot of evil things in the name of religion - the pedophile priests, pastors leading the rwandan massacre. Good luck seeing Christ shown as evil when seeing movies on these topics. But when it comes to Hindu-muslim clashes, these bigots have no problem showing my God in an evil way. And when we protest, that too is censored.

Hi and welcome to this forum :)

No I do not think IMBD has any religious bias. And the forum does contain threads on Muslim/Hindu tensions. I see little point in discussing such issues there however, political dialogue is not really its forte.

IMDB Christian.... no idear...but posts are eliminated because of words and moderators...if you want something published you need to abide by rules of the publisher.

as to the angry god....I didn't notice. So does that mean that subliminally I am now more bent against my Indian/Hindu friends, I think not. the questions that come to mind are: Was that movie made by some Hindu hater? Did they create the representation or base it on another in existence? and are you overly sensitive for some reason?

(I say this because clowns get their panties in a bunch when clowns are depicted evil...Christians get upset at things others don't notice...all the time these rants or frenzies highlight a situtation that was largely ignored and have a negative affect on the goal of the 'overly sensitive's' mission)

"Is there any way to depict Jesus as evil with any credence?"

But Rama can be depicted as evil? FYI, that was the point of my post.

"as to the angry god....I didn't notice. So does that mean that subliminally I am now more bent against my Indian/Hindu friends"

No obviously you did not notice, because you are not Hindu? To you it was just a blue boy threatening someone - to me as a Hindu, to see my Rama depicted that way hurts. That is the point I was making - if they make a movie about the pedophile priests and they showed Christ abusing a little boy, would you not notice? And protest? What if your protest gets censored, would you not think that somethig is not right?

Namaste Ramaraksha,

No I don't know your religion so well I'd pick up on everything. So you are saying nowhere in the Vedas Rama is angry?

And the Hindu's that assisted in directing and wrote the script, and the ones that acted, edited, are they all part of this conspiracy to discredit?

Your complaint and rallying cry, how is it received amongst your Hindu friends...I don't here the outcry from my friends, I'll inquire again.

As a Christian we contemplate, what would Jesus do. So what would Rama do?

Oh, Western countries have a long tradition of satirical skits on religion, especially Christianity. :)

Always look on the bright side of life. :)

Back