UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Unity in diversity
Coin520.jpg

Unity in diversity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

By Lyubov Pronina
July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”
“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”
The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.
The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”
is there a bahai/Medvedev link?

and FINANCIAL-EDGE: New 10 rupee coin with Unity-In-Diversity theme

Very interesting convergence, Wil.

Maybe Medvedev plans to invest in India ? :cool:

it was the theme of a religious studies course l did with the open university as well and obviously quite apt, and could of course be reversed as diversity in [hopeful] unity; l didn't realise how ignorant l was at the diversity within all the religions, thinking only christianity was schismatic, till l studied them more indepth. At school to simplify things children are not made aware of the diversities, for example sikhs are portrayed as only khalsa sikhs with accompanying 5 K's etc, rather than informing them of the many nuances within each religion and the affect culture/history ie contextuals have.

What are the repercussions of a 'world' coin? l don't even know who mints the euro!!

Unity in diversity has been a theme in the Baha'i Faith for quite awhile and so has a world currency..

I have no information about any actual connections but generally we Baha'is a non-political and not involved in the political process except to register to vote as non-partisan or independent..

Here are some quotes on the theme of "unity in diversity":

In reality all are members of one human family -- children of one Heavenly Father. Humanity may be likened unto the vari-colored flowers of one garden. There is unity in diversity. Each sets off and enhances the other's beauty.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 25)

When a person becomes a Bahá'í, he gives up the past only in the sense that he is a part of this new and living Faith of God, and must seek to pattern himself, in act and thought, along the lines laid down by Bahá'u'lláh. The fact that he is by origin a Jew or a Christian, a black man or a white man, is not important anymore, but, as you say, lends color and charm to the Bahá'í community in that it demonstrates unity in diversity."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, March 12, 1949: Bahá'í News, No.251, p. 2, January 1952)

"In everything we do we should always try to attain a standard of excellence. Bearing in mind the basic principle of unity in diversity and the undesirability of attempting uniformity..."

(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 609)

and what can you buy for 10 rupees?

In the lead up to and since the introduction of the Euro it has dragged all member states into greater parity. Perhaps a global currency would eventually do the same. Which could be no bad thing.

I'd surely hope any universal currency be comprised of gold or silver...and then our own currencies could be compared to something of tangible value.

I'd surely hope any universal currency be comprised of gold or silver...and then our own currencies could be compared to something of tangible value.

Would chocolate do?

In the lead up to and since the introduction of the Euro it has dragged all member states into greater parity. Perhaps a global currency would eventually do the same. Which could be no bad thing.

Your right maybe different currencys are resistance on true human culture.

I think a one world currency wont be something you carry in your pocket.. I imagine it will be something more like a debit card or something planted under the skin.. It would have to be for the world bank to keep track of it all.

Back